This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

BRB Cinderella on BBC 2 -- Christmas Day

BRB's splendid new production of Cinderella (by David Bintley) was filmed by the BBC and is being shown on BBC2 on Christmas Day at 1455. The cast is lead by Elisha Willis and Iain MacKay.

David Bintley has used Prokofiev's music and followed the traditional structure used by Ashton. I particularly like the way Bintley has shown that the Prince finds love in a loveless court and that Cinderella finds love amidst her tragedy. The wicked step-sisters are danced by ladies. There is glorious choreography, glorious dancing, tragedy and comedy. The designs, by John McFarlane are spectacular.

This production is touring to the Lowry and Plymouth in January.

There is lots of information about the production on the Company website: http://brb.org.uk/

I haven't watched it in great detail yet but it seems to have been very well filmed. David Bintley introduces each act and there is some backstage and rehearsal footage included too. It was lovely to recognise some good chums in the audience too. I'm going to ask for their autographs next time I see them!

It is currently available to watch on the BBC I-player too.