This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bolshoi Rubies

Drew

I would be interested in hearing reports on the Bolshoi's Rubies (with Osipova). I have seen a few photographs, but they don't tell me much. I realize few people reading this board are likely to have seen it, but perhaps someone has or someone who reads Russian has read reports from the Bolshoi-home audience. Thanks--

My daughter did- for 20 rubles (66 cents). She loves Osipova, and thought she was amazing. She did enjoy the Bolshoi more than the Maryinsky (although Vishneva in the Ratmansky "Anna Karenina" was a highlight). She said the Bolshoi dancers have more personality- even in the corps. I'll ask her to find reviews.

My daughter did- for 20 rubles (66 cents). She loves Osipova, and thought she was amazing. She did enjoy the Bolshoi more than the Maryinsky (although Vishneva in the Ratmansky "Anna Karenina" was a highlight). She said the Bolshoi dancers have more personality- even in the corps. I'll ask her to find reviews.

Thank you. I love Osipova too and am very curious. Oh--and 20 rubles, wow!

Apologies for replaying to my own post, but I wanted to mention that I tracked down some apparently bootleg video of the Bolshoi Rubies on Youtube. Using English, as I did, you can't find it under Bolshoi or Rubies or any dancer's name, though I think Russian might work. I initially found the video very indirectly, by doing a wider Google search and finding someone's twitter about the video. The videos were posted by someone who goes under the moniker Dolchev.

I hope these links work--if not, then one can try youtube directly and do a search for videos posted this week by Dolchev.