• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

I would be interested in hearing reports on the Bolshoi's Rubies (with Osipova). I have seen a few photographs, but they don't tell me much. I realize few people reading this board are likely to have seen it, but perhaps someone has or someone who reads Russian has read reports from the Bolshoi-home audience. Thanks--

#2 dufay

dufay

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:12 AM

My daughter did- for 20 rubles (66 cents). She loves Osipova, and thought she was amazing. She did enjoy the Bolshoi more than the Maryinsky (although Vishneva in the Ratmansky "Anna Karenina" was a highlight). She said the Bolshoi dancers have more personality- even in the corps. I'll ask her to find reviews.

#3 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

My daughter did- for 20 rubles (66 cents). She loves Osipova, and thought she was amazing. She did enjoy the Bolshoi more than the Maryinsky (although Vishneva in the Ratmansky "Anna Karenina" was a highlight). She said the Bolshoi dancers have more personality- even in the corps. I'll ask her to find reviews.

Thank you. I love Osipova too and am very curious. Oh--and 20 rubles, wow!

#4 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

Apologies for replaying to my own post, but I wanted to mention that I tracked down some apparently bootleg video of the Bolshoi Rubies on Youtube. Using English, as I did, you can't find it under Bolshoi or Rubies or any dancer's name, though I think Russian might work. I initially found the video very indirectly, by doing a wider Google search and finding someone's twitter about the video. The videos were posted by someone who goes under the moniker Dolchev.

I hope these links work--if not, then one can try youtube directly and do a search for videos posted this week by Dolchev.

#5 emilienne

emilienne

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:56 AM

Also a news report about Herman Schmerman and Rubies. Rubies was set by Sandra Jennings.

#6 Lidewij

Lidewij

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

Another bit of Russian TV about the program:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):