This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Hoping to see CNB

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Millie

Millie

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

I am going to Cuba in mid-January. Does anyone know how to find out if the Cuban National Ballet will be performing in Havana at that time? How does one go about purchasing tickets? I would love to see them.

I have searched the internet and can't seem to find out this information.

Thank you for any advice.

#2 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:57 AM

Millie...ballet performances in Havana are given all year around...there are not "seasons" there. You just have to go to the box office of the theater-Grand Theater of Havana -at daytime and buy the ticket. Ballets and casts are always posted outside the theater. Chances are you'll see either Giselle, Swan Lake, Coppelia, La Fille Mal Gardee, Don Quixote, The Nutcracker or Grand Pas de Quatre, or if it is a PDD night, you'll get Diane&Acteon, Tchaikovsky PDD, Sylvia PDD, Grand Pas Classique etc...

Can I jump in your luggage...? :P

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:35 AM

Can I jump in your luggage...? :P

Is there room for me, too?

Please tell us about what you see :beg:

#4 Millie

Millie

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:12 AM

Thank you so much for the quick answer!

I hope it will work out for us to go. I will let you know. And sure, both hop in.....close the zipper tight.

#5 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,269 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

I just noticed that there will be a lot of Les Sylphides performances...

Please, report back! :thumbsup:

#6 anettefan

anettefan

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

I am going to Cuba in mid-January. Does anyone know how to find out if the Cuban National Ballet will be performing in Havana at that time? How does one go about purchasing tickets? I would love to see them.

I have searched the internet and can't seem to find out this information.

Thank you for any advice.

Not sure if they will have any performances in Havana mid January. If it is still in place, there will be some performances of Nutcracker at the beginning of january including children from Hamilton, Ontario.
For those wishing to see them in the US in 2011, besides the 3 performances of Magia de la Danza at the BAM 08-11 June, they will be at the Kennedy Center May 31 to June 5 with both Magia and Don Q and at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles 23-26 June with Don Q. Not sure if they will perform in any other cities and/or dates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):