This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Danny Tidwell

bingham

According to his Facebook, Danny is back dancing ballet but the bad news is that he is dancing in Oslo,Norway w/ the Norwegian National ballet. He started last Oct,2010. Anyone w/ further information would be appreciated.

Actually his FB says October 2011...but regardless it's Norway and NOT the US (much less ABT)

here's an article that was tweeted and posted by Movmnt Magazine http://www.gaysir.no/artikkel.cfm?CID=14660 - it's in Norwegian, which I can't read and it doesn't seem like anyone has translated it yet.

Thanks, spinning. I ran it through Google Translate and got a translation. It's rough in spots, but you'll get the gist.

And then it snowballed. He landed on the cover of Dance Magazine, which named him one of "25 Dancers to watch."

- It was pretty cool. Everything happened so fast. I had little money, but danced on the Metropolitian Opera. There was a lot of stress, but I lived out my dream.

"My dream." Makes it all the sadder that he isn't dancing with ABT now.

Thanks, spinning. I ran it through Google Translate and got a translation. It's rough in spots, but you'll get the gist.

And then it snowballed. He landed on the cover of Dance Magazine, which named him one of "25 Dancers to watch."

- It was pretty cool. Everything happened so fast. I had little money, but danced on the Metropolitian Opera. There was a lot of stress, but I lived out my dream.

"My dream." Makes it all the sadder that he isn't dancing with ABT now.

I won't lie, there are still days when I think "what if"...It's great to see that he's returned to ballet, but it's a pity that his fans her in the States (and he has quite a few!) won't get a chance to see him dance. Danny started at ABT the same year at David Hallberg, it really does make you wonder what could have been had he stayed with the company especially since he once expressed having dreams of having a lifelong career at ABT extending past his dancing days to possibly return as AD...