• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

According to his Facebook, Danny is back dancing ballet but the bad news is that he is dancing in Oslo,Norway w/ the Norwegian National ballet. He started last Oct,2010. Anyone w/ further information would be appreciated.

#2 spinning2night

spinning2night

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

According to his Facebook, Danny is back dancing ballet but the bad news is that he is dancing in Oslo,Norway w/ the Norwegian National ballet. He started last Oct,2010. Anyone w/ further information would be appreciated.

Actually his FB says October 2011...but regardless it's Norway and NOT the US (much less ABT)
here's an article that was tweeted and posted by Movmnt Magazine http://www.gaysir.no...l.cfm?CID=14660 - it's in Norwegian, which I can't read and it doesn't seem like anyone has translated it yet.

#3 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

Thanks, spinning. I ran it through Google Translate and got a translation. It's rough in spots, but you'll get the gist.

And then it snowballed. He landed on the cover of Dance Magazine, which named him one of "25 Dancers to watch."

- It was pretty cool. Everything happened so fast. I had little money, but danced on the Metropolitian Opera. There was a lot of stress, but I lived out my dream.

"My dream." Makes it all the sadder that he isn't dancing with ABT now.

#4 spinning2night

spinning2night

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

Thanks, spinning. I ran it through Google Translate and got a translation. It's rough in spots, but you'll get the gist.

And then it snowballed. He landed on the cover of Dance Magazine, which named him one of "25 Dancers to watch."

- It was pretty cool. Everything happened so fast. I had little money, but danced on the Metropolitian Opera. There was a lot of stress, but I lived out my dream.

"My dream." Makes it all the sadder that he isn't dancing with ABT now.

I won't lie, there are still days when I think "what if"...It's great to see that he's returned to ballet, but it's a pity that his fans her in the States (and he has quite a few!) won't get a chance to see him dance. Danny started at ABT the same year at David Hallberg, it really does make you wonder what could have been had he stayed with the company especially since he once expressed having dreams of having a lifelong career at ABT extending past his dancing days to possibly return as AD...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):