This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

DanceView's winter issue

bart

The winter issue of DanceView just arrived in the mail. Among many articles and photos, I especially appreciate the chance to read on overview of recent seasons at ABT (by Mary Cargill) and NYCB (by Michael Popkin), as well as London performances by the Bolshoi, Mikhilowsky, and Ailey companies (by Jane Simpson). This is the kind of thing you can't get from reviews of single performances in the daily press or even on Ballet Talk.

I llike reading about young, upcoming dancers. Mary Cargill has an interview with Simone Messmer, a new ABT soloist. As a fan of our local ballet school -- Harid Conservatory -- it was nice to learn about Messmer's very positive experience there.

Also: George Jackson's A Singular Harald Kreutzberg: a fresh look at one of the great Modern Dancers. Kreutzberg was only a name to me until I read this and looked closely at the three magnificent photos. What a charismatic performer he must have been.