This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Georgina PazcoquinWhen will she be promoted?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimmattimore

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

This relates to the topic of favorite dancers.

I love too many (past and present) to list, but I've seen Gina dance now for six-seven years, and she's a dynmao on stage. She can also act and sing as she did in "West Side Story" at NYCB.

I saw her dance brilliantly this past Sunday night at a dance performance Emery LeCrone produced at Manhattan Center for Art and Movement.

Question to Peter to whom I wrote today on this topic: Why isn't Gina a soloist?

Jim Mattimore

I would love your knowledgable feedback

#2 vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

My husband and I have been big fan's of Gina Pazcoquin for years. Her performances are gems. She brings a depth and intelligence to everything she does. She is a tremendous asset to the company. I think that she has not been promoted because she doesn't have the kind of technique or look that would allow her to be cast in a lot of the soloist roles in the rep. When you look at the ballets and the kind of things the soloist women do, Gina doesn't really fit the bill.

I do love her in everything she's given and think she is very well cast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):