Georgina PazcoquinWhen will she be promoted?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimmattimore

jimmattimore

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

This relates to the topic of favorite dancers.

I love too many (past and present) to list, but I've seen Gina dance now for six-seven years, and she's a dynmao on stage. She can also act and sing as she did in "West Side Story" at NYCB.

I saw her dance brilliantly this past Sunday night at a dance performance Emery LeCrone produced at Manhattan Center for Art and Movement.

Question to Peter to whom I wrote today on this topic: Why isn't Gina a soloist?

Jim Mattimore

I would love your knowledgable feedback

#2 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

My husband and I have been big fan's of Gina Pazcoquin for years. Her performances are gems. She brings a depth and intelligence to everything she does. She is a tremendous asset to the company. I think that she has not been promoted because she doesn't have the kind of technique or look that would allow her to be cast in a lot of the soloist roles in the rep. When you look at the ballets and the kind of things the soloist women do, Gina doesn't really fit the bill.

I do love her in everything she's given and think she is very well cast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):