This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Kennedy Center casting

We now have the full, corrected casting for the Kennedy Center run, via the ABT site.

http://www.abt.org/calendar.aspx?startdate=1/1/2011

The Kennedy Center has yet to make these changes. *WARNING: T&V principal casting has switched between the 2nd & 3rd performances. It's Sarah Lane on Wednesday and Michele Wiles on Thursday.

Part Alert! Part Alert! - She dances only in the 2nd rep night's Jardin aux Lilas, as the Woman from His Past. Abrera will be Caroline.

The two Duo Concertant casts are Herrera-Stearns(1st rep night) and Riccetto-Hallberg (2nd & 3rd rep nights)...and I thought that surely we would get a Misty Copeland cast in this, as per earlier reports. maybe Misty will do this in NYC?

The 2nd cast of Bright Stream is now up: Reyes-Cornejo-Boylston-Simkin (for the Sat & Sun matinees)

The two Duo Concertant casts are Herrera-Stearns(1st rep night) and Riccetto-Hallberg (2nd & 3rd rep nights)...and I thought that surely we would get a Misty Copeland cast in this, as per earlier reports. maybe Misty will do this in NYC?

I wish were were seeing this program in NY but we aren't. The only mixed program is the new Ratmansky/new Wheeldon/new Millepied/Shadowplay program. London is seeing a program similar to the mixed DC program though.

The DC engagement looks pretty good to me. At least DC can't complain that ABT is bringing R&J again!

Wasn't Murphy supposed to do Theme with Halberg on the 1st night? It's now Y. Kajiya. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, it was supposed to be Murphy. I am very disappointed that I won't see Gillian (bought my ticket for that casting), though I have never seen Kajiya dance so this will be a good opportunity to see her in T&V.

Wasn't Murphy supposed to do Theme with Halberg on the 1st night? It's now Y. Kajiya. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, it was supposed to be Murphy. I am very disappointed that I won't see Gillian (bought my ticket for that casting), though I have never seen Kajiya dance so this will be a good opportunity to see her in T&V.

Kajiya had better plan to bring her "A game" for T&V. It's one of the most difficult Balanchine ballets in the rep. Casting Kajiya (one of the shortest dancers at ABT) wtih Hallberg (one of the tallest) will certainly look interesting. Easy lifting for David, for a change. I'd be interested in hearing how Kajiya does in this ballet. I have been underwhelmed by many of her performances of technically demanding principal roles in the past. Hopefully she has improved. Since she is getting the opening night, I guess I will be reading about it in the press.

Kajiya had better plan to bring her "A game" for T&V. It's one of the most difficult Balanchine ballets in the rep. Casting Kajiya (one of the shortest dancers at ABT) wtih Hallberg (one of the tallest) will certainly look interesting. Easy lifting for David, for a change. I'd be interested in hearing how Kajiya does in this ballet. I have been underwhelmed by many of her performances of technically demanding principal roles in the past. Hopefully she has improved. Since she is getting the opening night, I guess I will be reading about it in the press.

I'm pretty sure that I saw Kajiya in T&V in NY a couple of seasons ago. I remember because I was distinctly unimpressed. I don't know why they keep putting her into these technically challenging roles. She's not a spectacular technician and IMO she doesn't project that secure "I can do anything" attitude of a Bouder, a Weese or a Murphy. She's a talented dancer but I see her as more of a lyrical type who's miscast in things like T&V, Ballo or the Don Q pdd.

It's a shame that they pulled Murphy, she does a world class T&V and looks wonderful with Hallberg. After her Hererra is my favorite of the ABT women in T&V. Frankly the only DC cast that looks interesting to me is the Lane/Cornejo cast. Last time I saw the two of them they were both wonderful individually but Cornejo was still having major problems with the partnering which really turned me off.

On the other hand - I'd love to see those "Lilac Gardens"!

I'm pretty sure that I saw Kajiya in T&V in NY a couple of seasons ago. I remember because I was distinctly unimpressed. I don't know why they keep putting her into these technically challenging roles. She's not a spectacular technician and IMO she doesn't project that secure "I can do anything" attitude of a Bouder, a Weese or a Murphy. She's a talented dancer but I see her as more of a lyrical type who's miscast in things like T&V, Ballo or the Don Q pdd.

It's a shame that they pulled Murphy, she does a world class T&V and looks wonderful with Hallberg. After her Hererra is my favorite of the ABT women in T&V. Frankly the only DC cast that looks interesting to me is the Lane/Cornejo cast. Last time I saw the two of them they were both wonderful individually but Cornejo was still having major problems with the partnering which really turned me off.

On the other hand - I'd love to see those "Lilac Gardens"!

I saw Kajiya in Ballo and thought the same thing.

This is disappointing news about Kajiya. The last time I saw Murphy do T&V was when Melissa Hayden set it on her at North Carolina School of the Arts--she must have been about 15 and was spectacular in it even then. These last minute casting changes can be quite disappointing. On the other hand, I am trying to keep an open mind about Kajiya as she has gotten some good reviews for Ballo. It will be great to see Hallberg but I'm not sure how well the pairing will work.