This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sleeping Beauty - promotional video

Anne

The RDB has launched a new short video before the premiere of Sleeping Beauty starring Alban Lendorf and Gudrun Bojesen. The voice belongs to Nikolaj Hübbe, who tells in a "fairy tale style" about the young man Alban, who has been chosen by the ballet master to dance the prince in Sleeping Beauty toghether with the most beautiful ballerina, Gudrun, and who is therefore very happy.

The costumes look gorgeous!

video

You can se glimpses of costumes and sets from Sleeping Beauty in the blog from dramaturg sofie rask andersen

http://www.terpsichore.dk/magasinet.php?id=2&artikel=600&year=2010s

and there is some fotos in "blueballet - the almost all Royal Danish Ballet photography pages"

Thank you for the tips! I visited the Blueballet blog at once, but I couldn't find any pictures from Sleeping Beauty. Maybe they are among the deleted photos - there has apparently been a break down of the platform.

Is this a new production? I saw Christopher WHeeldon's name amidst a lot of Danish...

The RDB's Beauty matters to San Franciscans because it was Helgi Tomasson's production, which is also danced here, that they've been dancing for a while, and it was at the RDB that Yuri Possokhov was the prince and made the connection with TOmasson that brought him here, where he is now resident choreographer.

TOmasson's production has many beauties, but it is really too small for the SF Opera House -- the Garland Dance is really too small, only 18 dancers if I remember right -- though it must have filled the small stage at the old opera house in Copenhagen. Their large new house probably needs a larger.... but I'm just speculating.

Is this a new production for the new house?

Is this a new production? I saw Christopher WHeeldon's name amidst a lot of Danish...

Yes, it's a new production, but not for the new house. I got to talk to Wheeldon when I was last in Copenhagen and he told me some of the background - it's written up here if you're interested.

You can se glimpses of costumes and sets from Sleeping Beauty in the blog from dramaturg sofie rask andersen

http://www.terpsichore.dk/magasinet.php?id=2&artikel=600&year=2010s

and there is some fotos in "blueballet - the almost all Royal Danish Ballet photography pages"

Thank you for the tips! I visited the Blueballet blog at once, but I couldn't find any pictures from Sleeping Beauty. Maybe they are among the deleted photos - there has apparently been a break down of the platform.

Hi Anne

I saw the pictures at their facebook, and I checked the bluballet blog ans colud see that the fotos was not there. I believe the blog is under update or something. You can see the pictures at facebook.

thanks for the link, jane -- fasscinating article. yes hte Danes DO have a wonderful lightness of style, and it's a fascinating hook to hang a new beauty on.

Much more interesting than the SwanLake premise he used last time.

i'd love to see this production.

Yes, it's a new production, but not for the new house. I got to talk to Wheeldon when I was last in Copenhagen and he told me some of the background - it's written up here if you're interested.

Yet one more short video about Alban Lendorf - from the newspaper Politiken this time - but he's no longer dancing the Prince at the Sleeping Beauty premiere. Cast changes this morning 'due to injury' show that the first night will be done by Caroline Cavallo and Ulrik Birkkjaer instead of Gudrun Bojesen and Lendorf. Lendorf does the Bluebird, but let's hope he and Bojesen will get some performances before the end of the run.