Sleeping Beauty - promotional video

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Anne

Anne

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:33 AM

The RDB has launched a new short video before the premiere of Sleeping Beauty starring Alban Lendorf and Gudrun Bojesen. The voice belongs to Nikolaj Hübbe, who tells in a "fairy tale style" about the young man Alban, who has been chosen by the ballet master to dance the prince in Sleeping Beauty toghether with the most beautiful ballerina, Gudrun, and who is therefore very happy.

The costumes look gorgeous!

video

#2 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:18 PM

Thank you for your English summary, Anne. I was WONDERING why almost all the screen time was given to the Prince. :wink:

#3 Joan

Joan

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

You can se glimpses of costumes and sets from Sleeping Beauty in the blog from dramaturg sofie rask andersen
http://www.terpsicho...=600&year=2010s

and there is some fotos in "blueballet - the almost all Royal Danish Ballet photography pages"

#4 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

...and the casting for the first few performances has now appeared on the RDB website.

#5 Anne

Anne

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:11 AM

You can se glimpses of costumes and sets from Sleeping Beauty in the blog from dramaturg sofie rask andersen

and there is some fotos in "blueballet - the almost all Royal Danish Ballet photography pages"

Thank you for the tips! I visited the Blueballet blog at once, but I couldn't find any pictures from Sleeping Beauty. Maybe they are among the deleted photos - there has apparently been a break down of the platform.

#6 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:19 AM

Is this a new production? I saw Christopher WHeeldon's name amidst a lot of Danish...

The RDB's Beauty matters to San Franciscans because it was Helgi Tomasson's production, which is also danced here, that they've been dancing for a while, and it was at the RDB that Yuri Possokhov was the prince and made the connection with TOmasson that brought him here, where he is now resident choreographer.

TOmasson's production has many beauties, but it is really too small for the SF Opera House -- the Garland Dance is really too small, only 18 dancers if I remember right -- though it must have filled the small stage at the old opera house in Copenhagen. Their large new house probably needs a larger.... but I'm just speculating.

Is this a new production for the new house?

#7 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:51 AM

Is this a new production? I saw Christopher WHeeldon's name amidst a lot of Danish...

Yes, it's a new production, but not for the new house. I got to talk to Wheeldon when I was last in Copenhagen and he told me some of the background - it's written up here if you're interested.

#8 Joan

Joan

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

Thank you for the tips! I visited the Blueballet blog at once, but I couldn't find any pictures from Sleeping Beauty. Maybe they are among the deleted photos - there has apparently been a break down of the platform.

Hi Anne
I saw the pictures at their facebook, and I checked the bluballet blog ans colud see that the fotos was not there. I believe the blog is under update or something. You can see the pictures at facebook.

#9 Joan

Joan

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:35 AM

There is a new promotional video replying to Sleeping Beauty, they are showing it at danish television.

Link:
http://video.kglteat...-2010-trailer-2

#10 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:48 AM

thanks for the link, jane -- fasscinating article. yes hte Danes DO have a wonderful lightness of style, and it's a fascinating hook to hang a new beauty on.

Much more interesting than the SwanLake premise he used last time.

i'd love to see this production.

Yes, it's a new production, but not for the new house. I got to talk to Wheeldon when I was last in Copenhagen and he told me some of the background - it's written up here if you're interested.

#11 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:58 AM

Yet one more short video about Alban Lendorf - from the newspaper Politiken this time - but he's no longer dancing the Prince at the Sleeping Beauty premiere. Cast changes this morning 'due to injury' show that the first night will be done by Caroline Cavallo and Ulrik Birkkjaer instead of Gudrun Bojesen and Lendorf. Lendorf does the Bluebird, but let's hope he and Bojesen will get some performances before the end of the run.

#12 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

First review - from Eva Kistrup in her DanceView Times blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):