This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Oh, that was delightful. There were always mentions of Luders' high arches, but I always loved his arms and hands and his way of presenting the ballerina.

Heavenly :flowers: to Mr. Randall for his love of the arts and commitment to showcasing them on his TV shows.

Oh, that was delightful. There were always mentions of Luders' high arches, but I always loved his arms and hands and his way of presenting the ballerina.

Heavenly :flowers: to Mr. Randall for his love of the arts and commitment to showcasing them on his TV shows.

Mr. Randall spoke at a Kaatsbaan benefit 10-15 years ago about how seeing the Ballets Russes in the midwest (Nebraska? Kansas?) as a child instilled a love of ballet in him. He actually took some classes I believe and may have harbored some ambitions! He was an ardent fan and supporter of dance for the rest of his life, as seen in this short video.

Thanks so much for posting this. What was the source of the segment?

I'm with Farrell Fan -- a very pleasant surprise indeed. The look of astonishment and awe on Randall's face at the end of the clip is worth the price of admission. :thumbsup:

As far as Sidney is concerned, Patti's demanding dance instructor (ballerina Suzanne Farrell) is a sadistic taskmistress.

Did Farrell have a speaking part in this, as well?

Thanks a bunch, Mme. Hermine! What a pleasure, and even with the few cuts away, it's so easy to see and enjoy the dancing! And as it goes along, what dancing! I never saw that one before!

The discussion reminds me of the occasional scene in another of Randall's shows, "The Odd Couple", set in the bedroom. I didn't watch the show enough to find out whether anything was made of this decoration, but there were two small black-and-white portraits on the wall over Felix's (Randall's character's) headboard, one of Arturo Toscanini, the other of George Balanchine.