This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Charge for willcall???

The Colorado Ballet doesn't seem to have been impressed by my suggestion that they refund my will call and convenience charges, despite the fact that my ticket was not available at the will call window and that I derived no "convenience" from ordering online since I had to stand in line at the box office anyway.

I noticed today that there is a $5 credit from the Colorado Ballet on my credit card account, so it appears that they have refunded the will call fee.

I'm glad they made good on it.

Ditto. A competent, audience friendly box office is an important public face of a company. (It's what you hear and/or see BEFORE the orchestra begins playing and the curtain rises.) That makes it a good box office important business investment.

Let's hope the CB management calls a staff meeting to figure out a way to reducing such mistakes in the future and a way to handle things better when mistakes occur.

I won't take credit for your refund YouOverThere - however after reading about your experience with the ticket office here, and having been a ticket office manager (and still working in a business that costumer satisfaction is key) I emailed the ticket office manager a lengthy correspondence in regards to their less then stellar performance and sited this website in regards to how far and wide we can communicate a bad (or good) experience.

:devil:

The Colorado Ballet doesn't seem to have been impressed by my suggestion that they refund my will call and convenience charges, despite the fact that my ticket was not available at the will call window and that I derived no "convenience" from ordering online since I had to stand in line at the box office anyway.

I noticed today that there is a $5 credit from the Colorado Ballet on my credit card account, so it appears that they have refunded the will call fee.

I'm impressed! This shows how to use the internet and boards and bleugs to produce results offline in a very productive way. I'm sure you put the fear of something or other, Brioche. All very cool. I think we should all complain about any extra charges we find suspect, although I tend to avoid all of them by going to the box office directly, because I just like to, and there's always a fee avoided that way. But that's not going to always be convenient. Obviously, when I get my tickets for LA events, I have to order them online or by phone, and pay some fees, but this thread shows them to have definitely gotten more complicated, just as that baggage fee was thrown at some of us unexpectedly last year, AND the workers tell you that 'it's always been that way' or are told to say that, if you ask (which I did.)

Well evidently it's a condition of renting the theater. Boo hiss.

The Met Opera is not renting the opera house. It is their home base. Ditto with the organizations at Avery Fisher. The facility fee is just another way of squeezing additional income out of the customer, but hiding the additional charge until the end of the purchase transaction.

Interestingly, a glance at the Annual Report for the Metropolitan Opera 2009 (available on line) lists "Opera House" as an operating expense. The number given is 18,509. Million?