This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Mariinsky premieres for 2011 in Saint Petersburg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Catherine

Catherine

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

I've been informed that the plans from 2009 to perform Balanchine's "Agon" are again underway, and that this ballet along with "MidSummer Night's Dream" will be performed by the Mariinsky in 2011, presumably first on home turf. I am hopeful that especially the latter will be part of the festival in April. Currently Jiri Kilijan is on site rehearsing another work, but there are no new ballets between now and the end of 2010 on the calendar.

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:43 PM

Thank you, Catherine. Will you be able to go and see these? The Balanchine sounds fascinating. I'd love to see them dance "Agon" and "Midsummer."

#3 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:16 AM

I'll bet the Petersburg audience will eat Midsummer up. And Agon will keep them buzzing for a couple of years! :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):