This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Osipova/Vasiliev Flames of Paris

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

I'm not sure how long this has been available, but you can now purchase the DVD from Amazon - U.S.:

Mine just arrived and it is playing just fine on my American DVD player. The codes on the back are as noted earlier:
"This is a region free NTSC DVD, designed for playback on all NTSC and modern PAL compatible systems worldwide."

A little bit of trivia on pronunciations that I noticed on the bonus material: Ratmansky is interviewed extensively, in his very fluent English. He pronounces "Osipova" with a slight accent on the first syllable and Vasiliev with a slight accent on the second syllable. I have heard these all different ways, but I'll take him as authoritative, for obvious reasons. (Osipova and Vasiliev are interviewed in Russian, with English subtitles.)

#17 Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:20 AM

Worth mentioning that the new Bolshoi Director, Yan Godovsky, dances the 'Marseillaise' on this recording.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):