• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

I'm not sure how long this has been available, but you can now purchase the DVD from Amazon - U.S.:
http://www.amazon.co...00411608&sr=1-1

Mine just arrived and it is playing just fine on my American DVD player. The codes on the back are as noted earlier:
"This is a region free NTSC DVD, designed for playback on all NTSC and modern PAL compatible systems worldwide."

A little bit of trivia on pronunciations that I noticed on the bonus material: Ratmansky is interviewed extensively, in his very fluent English. He pronounces "Osipova" with a slight accent on the first syllable and Vasiliev with a slight accent on the second syllable. I have heard these all different ways, but I'll take him as authoritative, for obvious reasons. (Osipova and Vasiliev are interviewed in Russian, with English subtitles.)

#17 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:20 AM

Worth mentioning that the new Bolshoi Director, Yan Godovsky, dances the 'Marseillaise' on this recording.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):