This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Let's hope for the DVD, too! This release, in either BD or DVD form, isn't even on BelAir's English site, so who knows? But BelAir is imported into the US, though usually with a fairly high premium.

EvilNinjaX, I believe this is the same version that's on YouTube, and that's being broadcasted in movie theaters. Does that help?

I pre-ordered this from Amazon and expected it to be delivered this week, yesterday I received a message from amazon saying:

"We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers...."

The new delivery date is 17th December.

I pre-ordered this from Amazon and expected it to be delivered this week, yesterday I received a message from amazon saying:

"We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers...."

The new delivery date is 17th December.

My dvd is being prepared for despatch at this moment with a delivery estimate of 12 - 13th November. Hope you get yours soon.

The whole, big, gigantic thing is hugely, and I mean HUGELY, entertaining.

The DVD quality is very good; sharp and bright, clear colors. And, given that this was filmed at a live performance, the photography isn't bad: this is a ballet with plenty of activity happening all at once on various parts of the stage -- the camera has the good sense to keep back far enough so you can see most of what's going on -- there haven't been too many times when I felt I was missing half the action.

There's an accompanying, nicely illustrated booklet that details the various scenes and which bits are by Ratmansky and which by Vainonen (spelled Vaynonen in the booklet and Vainonen on the DVD box).

All in all worth every penny -- a real keeper. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Note that this is a region-free DVD. I was able to play it on both my Region 1 and Region 2 players, so Americans shouldn't have a problem with it, although at the moment it looks like you'd have to order it from Amazon UK, since it's not listed on the US site.

Here's what it says on the back of the DVD box:

Duration: 103 minutes (ballet), 21 mins (bonus)

Sound: 2.0 PCM, 5.1 Dolby Digital |Video: Color 16:9

1 DVD 9 NTSC | Region Code: 0

Booklet enclosed

This is a region free NTSC DVD, designed for playback on

all NTSC and modern PAL compatible systems worldwide.

Maybe Amazon UK PAL because that's what is used in Europe and presumably that's where they expect this to sell. Maybe you could contact BelAir Classiques to confirm, but I had no problem with either Region 1 or Region 2 DVD players.

NOTE: I should point out that mine is standard DVD, not BluRay.

Here's what it says on the back of the DVD box:

Duration: 103 minutes (ballet), 21 mins (bonus)

Sound: 2.0 PCM, 5.1 Dolby Digital |Video: Color 16:9

1 DVD 9 NTSC | Region Code: 0

Booklet enclosed

This is a region free NTSC DVD, designed for playback on

all NTSC and modern PAL compatible systems worldwide.

Very interesting...under "Product Details" for the DVD, Amazon.uk says:

Format: Classical, PAL

Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)

Number of discs: 1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flames-Osipova-Yasilev-Bolshoi-features/dp/B0044FEZBM/ref=pd_cp_d_h__1

But this wouldn't be the first time Amazon made a mistake in its on-line catalog!

If I understand shipping correctly, "airmail delivery" shipping to North America would cost about 3 pounds ($5-6?) and take 5-7 days. Not bad!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=11072991

:clapping::clapping: I recerntly received my copy of the DVD from Amazon UK. The quality of the DVD is excellent, as it is recorded in HD, I did not pay extra for the Blue Ray version, alrthough I have the relevant player, my main TV is HD ready, so this is what I opted for. I was not at all disapointed it is a excellent DVD. The Bolshoi are at their best, Natalia Osipova and Ivan Vas. are really brilliant. In Act 2 they dance "en Character" and the results are very exciting, with a distinctive drum beat running through the music. The audience nearly explodes with applause. It is full of colour, and excitement. Not to mention truly amazing choreography and dancing by the whole company. Certainly a new release worth adding to your collection. What a marvelous atmosphere there will surely be when they take it to Paris next year.

:clapping::clapping: I recerntly received my copy of the DVD from Amazon UK. The quality of the DVD is excellent, as it is recorded in HD, I did not pay extra for the Blue Ray version, alrthough I have the relevant player, my main TV is HD ready, so this is what I opted for. I was not at all disapointed it is a excellent DVD. The Bolshoi are at their best, Natalia Osipova and Ivan Vas. are really brilliant. In Act 2 they dance "en Character" and the results are very exciting, with a distinctive drum beat running through the music. The audience nearly explodes with applause. It is full of colour, and excitement. Not to mention truly amazing choreography and dancing by the whole company. Certainly a new release worth adding to your collection. What a marvelous atmosphere there will surely be when they take it to Paris next year.

Hi,

I also amire this DVD. But unfortunately the booklet does not list all artists. In particularly, I wanted to know who dances amour. Is it Krysanova? As I could assume since she was a role creator.

Thanks,

Natalia

I'm not sure how long this has been available, but you can now purchase the DVD from Amazon - U.S.:

http://www.amazon.com/Flames-Paris-Asafiev/dp/B0044FEZBM/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1300411608&sr=1-1

Mine just arrived and it is playing just fine on my American DVD player. The codes on the back are as noted earlier:

"This is a region free NTSC DVD, designed for playback on all NTSC and modern PAL compatible systems worldwide."

A little bit of trivia on pronunciations that I noticed on the bonus material: Ratmansky is interviewed extensively, in his very fluent English. He pronounces "Osipova" with a slight accent on the first syllable and Vasiliev with a slight accent on the second syllable. I have heard these all different ways, but I'll take him as authoritative, for obvious reasons. (Osipova and Vasiliev are interviewed in Russian, with English subtitles.)