• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

papeetepatrick and Anne - thank you, you are very kind! I have to say I would hate to be a critic on a daily - so hard to say what you think is important in 400 words or whatever, and so difficult to find space for 'on the one hand...but on the other...'!

Dronina's technique: I meant that she does all the things that seem to be expected these days, especially from younger dancers - high extensions, splits jetes etc - which would fit in well in many companies but have not yet become the norm among the senior casts in Copenhagen. So to me it's as if she was speaking a different language. But she does what she does very nicely, though not in Osipova's class as a virtuoso.

#17 Joan

Joan

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:49 AM

Welcome to Ballet talk, Joan. It is great to have another Dane amongst us! I hope you will join the discussions and smalltalks in this little corner of Ballet talk belonging to the RDB.

thank you Anne, I am so happy to find this site, as ballet is something that I love soo much. I hope that I will be able to join the discussion, and bring some to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):