This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Peter Martins's Swan Lake revisited

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

papeetepatrick and Anne - thank you, you are very kind! I have to say I would hate to be a critic on a daily - so hard to say what you think is important in 400 words or whatever, and so difficult to find space for 'on the one hand...but on the other...'!

Dronina's technique: I meant that she does all the things that seem to be expected these days, especially from younger dancers - high extensions, splits jetes etc - which would fit in well in many companies but have not yet become the norm among the senior casts in Copenhagen. So to me it's as if she was speaking a different language. But she does what she does very nicely, though not in Osipova's class as a virtuoso.

#17 Joan

Joan

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:49 AM

Welcome to Ballet talk, Joan. It is great to have another Dane amongst us! I hope you will join the discussions and smalltalks in this little corner of Ballet talk belonging to the RDB.

thank you Anne, I am so happy to find this site, as ballet is something that I love soo much. I hope that I will be able to join the discussion, and bring some to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):