This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Links about the exhibitioncollected from English and US papers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:20 AM

I am copying some links to articles and WEBCASTS that I and others have been collecting on the JUST OPENED exhibition at the Victoria and Albert. I am just inserting the links as I received them, seems too complicated to do otherwise:

by Clement Crisp (this, to me is about the best, of course)

on Bakst

The BBC interviews will only be available for about three days.  They are highlighted below.
Financial Times - Front cover and eight-page feature on Diaghilev, including exclusive photographs:

Evening Standard - Double page feature on Diaghilev, focused on London's role in the Ballets Russes:

Evening Standard - Five-star review by Philippa Stockley, who says: "Bravo to the V&A for capturing the thrill of performance in an exhibition":

Country Life - Exhibition preview by Philippa Stockley, who says: "This is a very important show...because it does what one wants from an exhibition, but so rarely gets: it tells the complete story, reflected in a wonderful, sensuous parallax"

The Guardian - Five-star review by Judith Mackrell, who says: "It's the emotional power of the little objects that hits you":

International Herald Tribune - Suzy Menkes' round up of London Fashion Week kicks off with the opening of the exhibition and the continuing influence of Ballets Russes on the catwalks:
http://www.nytimes.c...f colour&st=cse

The Guardian - Exhibition highlighted in a piece about a newly identified painting of Kasarvina:

The Lady - Melanie Abrams explores the world of Lady Juliet Duff - a key funder of Diaghilev

The Jewish Chronicle - Feature on Leon Bakst who created the look of the Balllets Russes:

Visit London Blog - Hannah Collingbourne has posted a fabulous gallery:

Vogue (Russia) - Four page feature on the exhibition.

In Tune on Radio 3 - Jane Pritchard talks about the exhibition with Sean Rafferty and Millicent Hodson:

Nightwaves on Radio 3 - Siobhan Davies joins Anne McElvoy to give a choreographer's view of the exhibition

Front Row on Radio 4 - Mark Lawson talks to Richard Alston, Javier de Frutos and Shobana Jeyasingh, who pick out their favourite objects from the exhibition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):