• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

I'm with Amy -- I haven't really participated in this conversation, but I've followed it with interest. Please do continue.

As for the Tajik production of MP -- I don't know that it's been staged by someone from the Limon Company, but it certainly doesn't seem like it. A bit too decorative and lightweight.

#32 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

OK, so I lied . . . this will be my last Limon post of the season:

http://www.nydailyne...erform_thr.html

I think I saw these kids at the Friday night Limon performance I saw in New York in June. Interesting that they are learning Limon's Psalm -- not a dance for kids, I would think.

In any event, here are some photos of Limon company senior dancer Francisco Ruvalcaba teaching them Psalm:

http://www.facebook....66262709&type=1

As for the Tajik production of MP -- I don't know that it's been staged by someone from the Limon Company, but it certainly doesn't seem like it. A bit too decorative and lightweight.

I had the exact same reaction. This looks like yet another bootleg version of The Moor's Pavane popping up in what was the former Soviet Union. I wish a publication like Ballet Review would publish an overview of The Moor's Pavane in the former Soviet Union as there have been sanctioned productions (i.e. the Mikhailovsky) and what seems like a whole slew of unsanctioned productions.

#33 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

I wish a publication like Ballet Review would publish an overview of The Moor's Pavane in the former Soviet Union as there have been sanctioned productions (i.e. the Mikhailovsky) and what seems like a whole slew of unsanctioned productions.

Write Marvin Hoshino and suggest it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):