This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Re:- "Robot Swan"

This was really the first I have heard of it when I saw it posted in Links. Fair enough, the scientists might have had some fun, but it always annoys me no end when people confuse "Dying Swan" with "Swan Lake".

Just the other day I pointed out the same error in a blog. Text ran something like this; "She danced the "Dying Swan", a famous solo dance from "Swan Lake". :smilie_mondieu:

This was really the first I have heard of it when I saw it posted in Links. Fair enough, the scientists might have had some fun, but it always annoys me no end when people confuse "Dying Swan" with "Swan Lake".

Just the other day I pointed out the same error in a blog. Text ran something like this; "She danced the "Dying Swan", a famous solo dance from "Swan Lake". :smilie_mondieu:

Perhaps the mistake having some factual roots...? I recall reading in one of my ballet autobiographies-(was it Baronova's...?)-the inclusion of DS in an abridged version of SL Act II...

glad you brought it up: "The ballet has since influenced modern interpretations of Odette in Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake and has inspired non-traditional interpretations and various adaptations." I had never even thought about the date of 'Dying Swan', which comes 30 years after 'Swan Lake'. Would be curious if they'd ever been combined, with the two composers and the two choreographers. I'm sure someone knows. Sounds bizarre, though.