This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Re:- "Robot Swan"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pamela Moberg

Pamela Moberg

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:21 PM

This was really the first I have heard of it when I saw it posted in Links. Fair enough, the scientists might have had some fun, but it always annoys me no end when people confuse "Dying Swan" with "Swan Lake".

Just the other day I pointed out the same error in a blog. Text ran something like this; "She danced the "Dying Swan", a famous solo dance from "Swan Lake". :smilie_mondieu:

#2 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

This was really the first I have heard of it when I saw it posted in Links. Fair enough, the scientists might have had some fun, but it always annoys me no end when people confuse "Dying Swan" with "Swan Lake".

Just the other day I pointed out the same error in a blog. Text ran something like this; "She danced the "Dying Swan", a famous solo dance from "Swan Lake". :smilie_mondieu:

Perhaps the mistake having some factual roots...? I recall reading in one of my ballet autobiographies-(was it Baronova's...?)-the inclusion of DS in an abridged version of SL Act II...

#3 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

glad you brought it up: "The ballet has since influenced modern interpretations of Odette in Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake and has inspired non-traditional interpretations and various adaptations." I had never even thought about the date of 'Dying Swan', which comes 30 years after 'Swan Lake'. Would be curious if they'd ever been combined, with the two composers and the two choreographers. I'm sure someone knows. Sounds bizarre, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):