This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I contacted Opus Arte about the POB broadcast of Raymonda that was aired in Europe last Winter. There was some talk on the Board that this would come out on DVD. Unfortunately, I was informed that they won't be releasing it on DVD.

Is there another video company that might release it? Are we ever going to see Nureyev's Raymonda on video? :wallbash:

Is there another video company that might release it? Are we ever going to see Nureyev's Raymonda on video? :wallbash:

Sigh, I'd love to see the telecast from when the production was new released. Nureyev's Jean is sort of an example of the law of diminishing returns but I like Pontois as Raymonda quite a lot. And the production is beautiful, the moment when the tent rises up is one of those moments of theatrical magic.

Perhaps Arthaus Musik, It bought out TDK, which used to release quite a few POB videos. Alternately, it could be Bel Air Classiques, which has also released POB stuff, in which case the DVD would cost a small fortune.

Perhaps Arthaus Musik, It bought out TDK, which used to release quite a few POB videos. Alternately, it could be Bel Air Classiques, which has also released POB stuff, in which case the DVD would cost a small fortune.

Thanks for the tips, volcanohunter, but neither company carries POB's Raymonda.

I contacted Opus Arte about the POB broadcast of Raymonda that was aired in Europe last Winter. There was some talk on the Board that this would come out on DVD. Unfortunately, I was informed that they won't be releasing it on DVD.

Very disappointing news! I was hoping it would be made available on DVD... :crying: