This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Susanne Grinder promoted to Solodanser

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

Susanne Grinder was promoted to Solodanser (principal) of the Royal Danish Ballet after her debut in Swan Lake this evening.

Press Release

#2 jorgen

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

Great news!

#3 Helene

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

Congratulations to Ms. Grinder :flowers:

#4 Anne

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:48 AM

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seing more of this talented dancer with the delicate technique and an intelligent approach to all she is doing.

#5 Syrene Hvid

Syrene Hvid

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:42 AM

Back when the announcement was still brand new, I read Hübbe's description of Susanne as a dancer in Politiken. I have yet to see her perform, but when he used words such as delicately feminine and "almost transparent" in her elegance, I just knew that I would have to follow her as closely as I could. Fortunately I will get to watch her in A Midsummer Night's Dream when it re-opens in January. And if I can at all afford it, I will also be watching her in A Folk's Tale in March - it would be a perfect birthday gift to give myself. ;)

#6 carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

How wonderful that you finally get to see Ms. Grinder next month! I hope you also get to see her in A Folk Tale. That would definitely be a great birthday present to yourself!

Please come back and give us your impressions, or maybe something more.

Enjoy! And welcome to BalletAlert :flowers: .

#7 Syrene Hvid

Syrene Hvid

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

I look forward to seeing A Midsummer Night's Dream, definitely. I'll see if I can't make a couple of notes on my trips to the Old Stage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):