• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#31 YID

YID

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:32 AM

There are ticket prices further down on the press release:

Tickets: $225, 125, 95, 80, 50, 40, 30, 20 ....

just came back from the ticket office, the cheapest was $50 (family circle) or partial views for $40. Orchestra is $125. But on the bright side - i've got good seats

#32 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

Me too...although I did mine online. We can see exact seat locations & I am very, very happy. Of course, the casting can and usually does change but, for now, I'm all-set for Obraztsova's LHH matinee, Kondaurova's Anna and the two mixed bills. (Yeah!!!)

#33 Waelsung

Waelsung

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

Me too...although I did mine online. We can see exact seat locations & I am very, very happy. Of course, the casting can and usually does change but, for now, I'm all-set for Obraztsova's LHH matinee, Kondaurova's Anna and the two mixed bills. (Yeah!!!)

For some reason, I couldn't see the exact seat location online and had to call the box office. Got the seats I wanted though and am practically bancrupt as a result :helpsmilie:

#34 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

My cousin left me a message that he is getting married in July in the New York area -- :flowers: to him and his fiancee -- and I was poking around to see what was in NYC on either side, and the Mariinsky opens the day after his wedding!

I'll be there Monday ("Anna Karenina") and Tuesday ("Little Humpbacked Horse"), and it will be great to see everyone who's there.

I wasn't able to select seats, but once I chose a section/price and the number of tickets -- beware: the system defaults to "2" -- I saw my exact seat locations. If you reject the seats and remove from the cart, I don't know if the system is smart enough to remember what you rejected, or like Ticket Monster's system, will keep offering the same seat until it's assigned to someone else.

#35 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:04 PM

Just booked my ticket for Tuesday 7/13 matinee of LHH, hopefully with Obraztsova! I've never met any Ballet Alert members and would definitely love to connect if possible.

#36 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

I hope you're not married to the idea of the matinee being on a Tuesday, Barbara. It's actually on the more traditional Wednesday. :wink:

I hope I have the opportunity to meet you at that performance!

#37 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

Haha - yes, WEDNESDAY! Please post or pm if a meet-up point is arranged.

#38 YID

YID

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:12 AM

Haha - yes, WEDNESDAY! Please post or pm if a meet-up point is arranged.

Great idea about meeting (NYSusan & her ballet friends usually do that). I've tickets for every performance (call me crazy, but They are my MOST favorite) will be happy to meet any day. Happy St. Patric

#39 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:17 AM

Hubby & I are game for a meeting on Wednesday or anytime after that, during the run.

We are really lucky. I just realized that London will not be seeing Kondaurova's Anna Karenina - only NYC. Also, I don't believe that Obraztsova's Tsar Maiden (LHH) has been seen anywhere outside Russia. [LHH is not on the London schedule.] And the company rarely performs Symphony in C, even at home. We are truly blessed.

#40 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:25 AM

Count me and my hubby in too for a meeting at any time during the run, including but not limited to the Wed. matinee. I also splurged on multiple performances. Looking forward to seeing other Ballet Talkers.

I can't wait until the New York spring ballet season starts up on May 3 with NYCB. We have an embarrassment of riches this season, with 6 weeks of NYCB, 8 weeks of ABT, one week of Royal Danish and one week of Kirov.

#41 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:51 AM

...New York spring ballet season .... an embarrassment of riches this season, with 6 weeks of NYCB, 8 weeks of ABT, one week of Royal Danish and one week of Kirov.

Also the Cubans (early June at BAM).

#42 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:17 AM

Also the Cubans (early June at BAM).

Right. I forgot that.

#43 SimonA

SimonA

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

Hello -- I am a relative novice to ballet, and have seen the Kirov only once before (the Fokine Triple Bill, some years ago on tour in Boston). I'll be in New York for a few days next month when the Kirov will be in town. If I had to choose one performance to see, between Vishneva in Anna K and Obraztsova in LHH, which would you recommend? I know that's probably not much to go on (in terms of making a recommendation), but I am a fairly blank slate when it comes to ballet, with no strongly defined tastes -- yet. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

#44 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

Well Vishneva and Obraztsova are very different dancers and the ballets themselves are very different. Vishneva, who has an inherent sense of theater and drama, will be at home in the tragedy of Anna Karenina. Obraztsova, petite and ultra classical, is well cast in LHH, which is more of a fairytale.

Perhaps you have done so already, but clips of both dancers in the ballets are available to view on youtube. Maybe that will help you make a selection between the ballets as you will get a feel for each dancer and the ballet itself. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice though--both dancers would be my personal first choices to see in their respective ballets.

Please let us know your impressions after.

#45 YID

YID

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

Hello -- I am a relative novice to ballet, and have seen the Kirov only once before (the Fokine Triple Bill, some years ago on tour in Boston). I'll be in New York for a few days next month when the Kirov will be in town. If I had to choose one performance to see, between Vishneva in Anna K and Obraztsova in LHH, which would you recommend? I know that's probably not much to go on (in terms of making a recommendation), but I am a fairly blank slate when it comes to ballet, with no strongly defined tastes -- yet. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

My 2 cents (or rather $20-30:-)) Why not to do both? if money is the issue, you can get either a standing ticket or partial view one (I took one ticket like that for LHH for a matinee ;-)) You live only once ;-))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):