#46 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Thanks to a heads up! from sandik:

Ariana Lallone is teaching this week at Grand Rapids Ballet Company's summer program, according to their June 2012 Newsletter. Maria Kowrowski taught last week.

#47 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,018 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

PNB just tweeted about PNBS (2009) alumna Alexis Peterson, was the lead author on a paper on cellular regulation that was published in June in the journal "Biochemistry". The tweet includes a link to an article on Peterson published on the Boston College website; that article links to a page from which the abstract can be downloaded. Peterson danced in PNB performances as Professional Division student.

#Ballet teaches discipline that can apply to all parts of life-former PNB student published by leading science journal: http://bit.ly/LIJ7pW

#48 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

In case you missed the notice in the Links section, Phillip Otto discusses his Nutcracker for Huntsville Ballet here. They've got the mayor of Huntsville and his wife in the Party scene...

#49 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,018 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Barry Kerollis has been dancing a lot of Nutcrackers recently:

Also, just finished 12 shows of #Nutcracker in 10 days (in two states w/ planes and trains inbetween). 9 cavaliers & 3 chinese. Phew!

#50 SandyMcKean

SandyMcKean

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Also, just finished 12 shows of #Nutcracker in 10 days (in two states w/ planes and trains inbetween). 9 cavaliers & 3 chinese. Phew!

You just saw 12 performances of the Nutcracker......did I get that right??

Helene, you are truly a wonder!

#51 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,018 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

?????? Barry Kerollis tweeted that he performed in 12 performances of "Nutcracker."

#52 SandyMcKean

SandyMcKean

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Barry Kerollis tweeted.........

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

That makes a lot more sense! (OTOH, you are still a wonder...Posted Image)

#53 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

Was rummaging around on the Kansas City Ballet website and found Josh Spell listed. Don't know what he's performing, but I'm glad to know he's still on stage.

#54 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,018 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Thank you so much for the heads up, sandik! I found this "Dancer Spotlight" Q&A from last November:

Q: What is one thing most people don’t know about you?
A: Most people don’t know that I retired from dance when I was 29 and truly thought I was finished. I closed the door on ballet and went to school full time for Interior Design. The universe works in mysterious ways and did not think I was finished, so here I am again dancing professionally.

http://kcballet.word...ght-josh-spell/

Here's the link to the list of dancers page on the Kansas City Ballet website:
http://www.kcballet....ny/dancers.html

I'm so glad he decided to return to the stage. Kansas City Ballet is lucky to have him.

He's teaching at this the Pilates studio, and this is his bio on the studio's site:

http://www.pilates1901.com/josh-spell/

#55 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Alongside his choreography for his own company, Olivier Wevers will be making a new Midsummer Night's Dream for the Grand Rapids Ballet Company (directed by Patricia Barker). They just performed Andrew Bartee's "arms that work," which was a requirement from the original commissioning sponsor -- they're scheduled to perform Wever's new work next spring, May 2014.

#56 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Forgot to mention, Seattle Dance Project is in the middle of a run right now, at ACT Theater. Tim Lynch is now the sole artistic director (Julie Tobiason is on hiatus) -- Alexandra Dixon is still in the ensemble as well. They're performing two works by Jason Ohlberg, a restaging (and tweaking) of last year's Departure from 5th, and a staging of the Vivaldi Gloria.

#57 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,018 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Joffrey Ballet posted an Earth Day tribute photo to its Facebook page, and it's of Kara Zimmerman and Mauro Villanueva in Wheeldon's "After the Rain."

https://www.facebook...02486934&type=1

#58 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Heads-up -- Olivier Wevers' Whim W'him company will be performing at the Seattle Center Playhouse (used to be the Intiman Theater) May 17-19. And in the distant early warning category: the company will be performing at the Joyce Theater August 12-13, and Wevers has commissions coming up in the 2013-14 season for the Grand Rapids company (run by Patricia Barker) and Ballet Austin.

Andrew Bartee will have a work on the WW May program, and has been commissioned by Wolf Trap to make a work for their national park series (he'll be working with images of Olympic National Park). He's also a co-artist in residence at Velocity Dance Center in Seattle with Kate Wallich, working on a program for the 2013-14 season.

#59 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Whoot! My tax refund arrives tomorrow... Guess what I will be spending it on???

#60 SandyMcKean

SandyMcKean

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

I keep being amazed at the talents Andrew Bartee displays. He seems everywhere and he seems to be doing everything. He's as good at fully classical as he is at totally contemporary......not to mention his choreography. All this and at the same time, if you watch him carefully while on stage, he seems to be having a great deal of fun. Some folks were just born to dance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):