This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Dancing With the StarsSeason 11

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

of course they could call it
dancing with the infamous

Works for me!

I'm not sure what Brandy has been doing lately, but I remember her in a remake of the R&H Cinderella where she was quite lovely, singing and dancing.

#17 sidwich

sidwich

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:26 PM

There's a lackluster quality to the casting that suggests a certain scraping of the barrel bottom.

I don't think anyone thought a short, C-list boybander and a former WWE model were any casting coup, either, but they made for some very memorable television. It's really impossible to say who is going to make an impression before seeing them on the show. It really depends on how much the "celeb" embraces learning to dance and the relationship they build with their partner.

It looks like Cheryl has Rick Fox as her partner. I believe he's a good foot taller than her.

Rick Fox is much, much more than a foot taller than Cheryl. I've stood next to Cheryl in flats, and she is no taller than I am (5'2), and Rick Fox is listed at 6'7. I know that anyone over 6'3 is challenging for me. She is going to have a tough time.

#18 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,952 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:26 PM

Nice to hear from you sidwich. It's very true, you just never know at the beginning of a season.

#19 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

I watched most of the first hour before Gossip Girl started. What were Louis and Margaret thinking re: Margaret's costume? Those gold lame bat wings?? They were like something Rupaul would wear on Rupaul's Drag Race!

#20 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,472 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

What I find most interesting and enjoyable is watching any participant discover something in themselves that they really didn't know was there. Close to that is watching someone turn the corner in the dance where they make a leap and "get" something. It doesn't really matter how "starry" the person is.

#21 perky

perky

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:50 AM

I watched most of the first hour before Gossip Girl started. What were Louis and Margaret thinking re: Margaret's costume? Those gold lame bat wings?? They were like something Rupaul would wear on Rupaul's Drag Race!

I knew I was somewhat odd because I actually thought it was wonderful and hilarious! It was a bit too over the top though.There were moments in the actual dancing parts of it where Cho looked graceful and fluid.
Kyle Massey's energy was thrilling. The Hoff was somewhat scary and entertaining at the same time.
I really didn't see much of what Mike Sorrentino did above the knees as I was fixated on his extreme pigeon toes and bandy leggedness.
Overall an entertaining first show, some folks with serious potential and not too many train-wrecks.

#22 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:17 AM

I knew I was somewhat odd because I actually thought it was wonderful and hilarious! It was a bit too over the top though.There were moments in the actual dancing parts of it where Cho looked graceful and fluid.

If they are actually serious about the competition, then they need to go easy on the camp. Anything else and it becomes a Cloris-like spectacle.

Kyle Massey's energy was thrilling. The Hoff was somewhat scary and entertaining at the same time.
I really didn't see much of what Mike Sorrentino did above the knees as I was fixated on his extreme pigeon toes and bandy leggedness. Overall an entertaining first show, some folks with serious potential and not too many train-wrecks.

How was Florence???

#23 perky

perky

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:36 AM

If they are actually serious about the competition, then they need to go easy on the camp. Anything else and it becomes a Cloris-like spectacle.

I really didn't see much of what Mike Sorrentino did above the knees as I was fixated on his extreme pigeon toes and bandy leggedness. Overall an entertaining first show, some folks with serious potential and not too many train-wrecks.

How was Florence???

I thought she did very well! I laughed out loud at her swearing during rehearsals. I really didn't need to see her lift up her shirt and expose her bra though! :jawdrop:

#24 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:55 AM

Week One - Elimination One:

David Hasselhoff and Kym Johnson.

I missed The Hoff on the night but everything I have read suggests he was (entertainingly) horrible. As the first week is almost always a battle of existing fan bases, David's ouster would suggest that his fan base ain't what it used to be. Whatever base he once had may have dissipated under the weight of his recent personal travails.

#25 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:49 AM

I saw Rick/Cheryl, Florence/Corky, Brandy/Maks, Michael/Chelsie and Audrina/Tony before I switched over to Gossip Girl at 8:00PM.

Liked Rick/Cheryl and Audrina/Tony the best.

Florence has really kept her figure. (Was that Cindy Brady in the audience?)

A '3' from Bruno to Michael? Ouch!

#26 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:53 AM

Week Two - Elimination Two:

Michael Bolton and Chelsie Hightower.

They were horrible on Monday night (what was up with the dog house?) and Michael gave off this "I don't want to be here" vibe. So, an appropriate boot.

#27 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

I have this incredible, guilty desire to watch this just to see if The Situation is a situation when he dances.

#28 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:42 PM

The Situation is pigeon-toed when he dances. I noticed this last night, the first time I saw him dance, and I think it was Len Goodman who mentioned it during the judges' comments section. Otherwise, he's better than I expected him to be. Being young helps.

#29 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:50 AM

I wonder if he's pigeon toed when he walks too - I would imagine so. And if so, is this something that can be "corrected"?

#30 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,275 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

I have this incredible, guilty desire to watch this just to see if The Situation is a situation when he dances.

Weeeell...he certainly is, Leigh...which I can tell from his "Other Dances" in "Jersey Shore"-(AKA "clubbing")- :FIREdevil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):