This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Dancing With the StarsSeason 11

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

And here are your "stars" for Season 11:

Michael Bolton ("singer")
Margaret Cho (comedienne)
Rick Fox (former NBA player)
Jennifer Grey (actress)
David Hasselhoff ("actor")
Florence Henderson (actress)
Kyle Massey (Disney Channel performer)
Brandy (actress/singer)
Bristol Palin (Daughter of . . . )
Audrina Patridge (Reality TV star -- The Hills)
Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino (Reality TV star -- Jersey Shore)
Kurt Warner (former NFL player)

OK, I know I write every season that this is the worst cast ever . . . but this is the worst cast ever!!! The only thing that interests me at the outset is the height of many of the men. Most of the men are quite tall (with Fox and Warner being extremely tall.) It will be interesting to see who they get as professional partners.

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,349 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:48 PM

Without knowing how talented or teachable they are, it's hard to know how this cast compares to the others in terms of dance ability.

#3 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,269 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:06 PM

I predict a lot of shirtless situations for "The Situation"...
http://cdn.sheknows....10-866x1024.jpg

PS. (Has anybody seen "Jersey Shore"...? I don't know if :rofl: or :yucky: )

#4 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

Margaret Cho gives it a sparkle just seeing her name there. I've never seen the show, but I hope she wins it. Florence Henderson is a bit much, maybe she'll 'win hearts' just like Pam Anderson, but it doesn't sound as promising IMO.

#5 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

Without knowing how talented or teachable they are, it's hard to know how this cast compares to the others in terms of dance ability.

Dance ability wasn't what I was referring to. There's a lackluster quality to the casting that suggests a certain scraping of the barrel bottom. :wink:

Oh well, it's for the best that the cast doesn't interest me. My Monday night dance card will be crowded enough w/ Gossip Girl and the Hawaii Five-O remake.

#6 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

I'm interested to see if Jennifer Grey is at least as teachable as her character was in "Dirty Dancing". Her final performance in "DD" didn't blow me away - she was, at best, okay - but with so many years behind her, any facility she may have developed dancing with Patrick Swayze may be lost. Ever since she had her nosework, she is usually unrecognizable. I've seen her in one or two TV movies. Whom I'd really like to see from "DD" on "DWTS" is Kelly Bishop (Emily Gilmore on "Gilmore Girls"), who WAS a dancer.

#7 mimsyb

mimsyb

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:55 PM

Margaret Cho gives it a sparkle just seeing her name there. I've never seen the show, but I hope she wins it. Florence Henderson is a bit much, maybe she'll 'win hearts' just like Pam Anderson, but it doesn't sound as promising IMO.

It's a good thing dance, for the most part, is a silent art. Cho's mouth can be pretty raw! As for the rest, I agree. Unremarkable.

#8 perky

perky

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:56 AM

It looks like Cheryl has Rick Fox as her partner. I believe he's a good foot taller than her. It seems like that would make it hard for her to maintain the proper arm positions in hold.
I'm going to be a good girl today and not rant about my real feelings for the former governor from Alaska. Knowing that she'll be in the audience to watch her daughter dance is not something I'll be looking forward to. Since when does giving birth make a make a person a STAR? I gave birth too, can I be on Dancing With The Stars?
I agree with miliosir. This is a lackluster cast. Usually there are two are three people I'm really interested in watching. This time only The Hoff has stirred any interest.
I refuse to take seriously anyone who names and refers to themselves as Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino.
signed: Perky "The Incident" Shaikh.

#9 richard53dog

richard53dog

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:29 AM

. Since when does giving birth make a make a person a STAR? I gave birth too, can I be on Dancing With The Stars?

The think the issue here is that the term "star" is pretty debased. Bristol Palin has had her private life on display in tabloids over the last couple of years , I can't agree that even under the very current meaning she's a star, but I could streach it to "celebrity".

I'd rather see "Bristol Palin (on-again, off-again fiance of Levi Johnston, model for Playgirl Magazine...)" but somehow I think that would promote a MASSIVE hissy fit :FIREdevil:

#10 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

of course they could call it
dancing with the infamous
dancing with a minor celebrity
or any number of other variations on a theme.

#11 mimsyb

mimsyb

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

It looks like Cheryl has Rick Fox as her partner. I believe he's a good foot taller than her. It seems like that would make it hard for her to maintain the proper arm positions in hold.
I'm going to be a good girl today and not rant about my real feelings for the former governor from Alaska. Knowing that she'll be in the audience to watch her daughter dance is not something I'll be looking forward to. Since when does giving birth make a make a person a STAR? I gave birth too, can I be on Dancing With The Stars?
I agree with miliosir. This is a lackluster cast. Usually there are two are three people I'm really interested in watching. This time only The Hoff has stirred any interest.
I refuse to take seriously anyone who names and refers to themselves as Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino.

Sadly, with Sara Palin in the audience (like it or not) it will be an opportunity for the entire nation to see her on camera. You can't buy this kind of PR. It seems inappropriate to me, but Ms. Palin has never backed away from putting her family front and center. Who takes care of the baby while Bristol is in rehearsal?

#12 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,269 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

:lol:
A little trivia...Mike's nick refers to the "situation" that always goes on when he shows off his six packed abds-(somehting he seems to do in every photo shoot and interview... :P )

#13 LiLing

LiLing

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

"Who takes care of the baby while Bristol is in rehearsal?"

I'm guessing not Grandma. Maybe Kate Goslin is loaning a couple of her nannies.

I think this season might be a real hoot what with Margaret Cho and The Situation. I mean you don't watch this for the DANCING!
:smilie_mondieu:

#14 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:29 PM

Ever since she [Jennifer Grey] had her nosework, she is usually unrecognizable.

What a pity that she bowed to pressure and changed her nose. She had a nose that was a young girl's despair but, had she left it alone, would have been a middle-aged woman's glory.

I mean you don't watch this for the DANCING!

I disagree. For me, the show is at its best when a celebrity with little or no dance experience discovers that they have some innate ability. I loved Pam Anderson in the recently concluded season because she had no dance training but tapped into some natural talent that even she didn't know she had. She wasn't going to improve enough in such a shortened time span to win but it was fun to see her work hard on improving.

#15 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,533 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:58 PM

You can watch the show for any number of reasons. There's the camp element, the dance element, the reality show element. To each his own. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):