This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Jonathan FranzenNew Novel reviewed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

Having had a moratorium for the last 10 years on new novels, while I catch up with 18th and 19th century works, the following Telegraph review did however catch my eye, intrigued me and I thought of my American balletalk co-posters.

#2 abatt

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

His new book (Freedom) has gotten rave reviews here in the U.S.

#3 dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,008 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

Thanks so much for posting this, leonid. I was unable to get through 'The Corrections' myself but would be interested to hear from others who have read more of Franzen.

#4 dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,008 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

Kathleen O'Connell wrote in another thread:

I'm trying to get through Jonathan Franzen's Freedom, but I must confess that I eagerly lay it aside for something--anything--else the slightest provocation. I didn't get the fuss over The Corrections and I get the fuss over Freedom even less. I'm in that sour place of being determined to finish it just so I can gripe about it with impunity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):