Ariana Lallone:

#17 SandyMcKean

SandyMcKean

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Ariana Lallone

Superb video! What a wonderful montage of some of her classic roles. A must see, I'd say.

Ariana, we owe you so much!

#18 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,004 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

Maria Chapman:

I'm pretty sure that her partner in "Symphony in C" (2nd Movement) is Jeffrey Stanton, and the man who pulls her up by the waist in "One flat thing, reproduced" is Batkhurel Bold, who was her "Symphony in C" partner when she made her debut under Russell and Stowell. Stanton also partners her in the "Walking Pas de Deux" from "Emeralds" while she speaks briefly about what it was like to be coached by Violette Verdy and Mimi Paul. I don't recognize her partner from the clip, but when I saw her in it in 2006, Casey Herd was in the same cast.

In the video montage at the end, Chapman dances in:

Millepied's "3 Movements*" with Seth Orza
Myrtha in "Giselle"
"One for My Baby" for "Nine Sinatra Songs" with Anton Pankevich -- she is genius in this
"Russian" from Kent Stowell's "Swan Lake"
Stowell's "Cinderella" -- it looks like the "Seasons" divertissement to me
"Ballet Imperial"
"Cinderella" ball scene with Seth Orza
"Emeralds" solo

*For whatever reason I don't remember the costume, but I'm going with the credits here.

#19 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

I'm pretty sure that her partner in "Symphony in C" (2nd Movement) is Jeffrey Stanton, and the man who pulls her up by the waist in "One flat thing, reproduced" is Batkhurel Bold, who was her "Symphony in C" partner when she made her debut under Russell and Stowell.

I remember that debut -- she was so nervous I thought she might just vibrate off the edge of the stage. It's such an exposed part that I imagine even experienced dancers are apprehensive about it, but she did a very nice job with a tough assignment.

Stanton also partners her in the "Walking Pas de Deux" from "Emeralds" while she speaks briefly about what it was like to be coached by Violette Verdy and Mimi Paul. I don't recognize her partner from the clip, but when I saw her in it in 2006, Casey Herd was in the same cast.

I think it's Stanton in all these clips.

It's very nice to see the Forsythe here, both In the Middle and One Flat Thing. I hope they come back in repertory soon.

#20 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,004 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Here's the latest to be posted: "A Day in the Life of a Dancer" featuring Jerome Tisserand:

A lot of the rehearsal video is from "Don Q", with Lesley Rausch as Kitri to Tisserand's Basilio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):