Dutch National Ballet's Don Quixote

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 3minuteswest

3minuteswest

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:00 PM

The amazon.co.uk review of it calls it a "disaster". There are two reviews and one is in german and Babel Fish seems to indicate that she was mostly concerned that the Bluray has some terrible mastering issues. Can anyone speak to that?

thx
-goro-

The reviewer in question has a specific complaint about motion blur when the camera pans. I'll stay out of this discussion in terms of whether people like the production or dancers, that is purely subjective, but please allow me to jump in here and assure you there is no motion blur! I think we would have spotted that...and the film went through very rigorous quality control checks before release. Arthaus Musik is a very well respected and high quality DVD label.

#32 James

James

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:11 AM

A quick word to confirm that the blu-ray quality is perfect.

#33 Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

Hi All.

I have investigated this issue with poor picture quality, and it seems to be persistent across various brands of BluRay players and flat-screens.

#34 TenduTV

TenduTV

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

As an aside, I would just like to add that Don Quichot will be released on iTunes (US, Canada and UK) in SD and HD on July 5th.

#35 TenduTV

TenduTV

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:48 AM

Dutch National Ballet's Don Quichot is now available in HD/SD stream/download on iTunes, Amazon (please remember to use the search link above) and CinemaNow. It is not yet up in the UK.

For the record... this is also the first full length classical ballet available on iTunes :)

Enjoy!

#36 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:56 AM

The download is not available in Canada on amazon.com, and it's being geo-blocked, even when signed into an account with a US billing address, I'm guessing by IP location. It's not available on amazon in Canada, even at amazon's much higher prices in Canada, despite the exchange rate.

Amazon is charging $14.99 for the download. iTunes is charging $19.99 for it. There's also the option of short rentals from each.

#37 TenduTV

TenduTV

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

Helene,

Thanks for the clarification:

Current territories:
iTunes: US, Canada (UK coming soon). The US Pricing is $19.99 for HD ($4.99 rental), $14.99 for SD ($3.99 rental)
Amazon and CinemaNow: US only

Also - has the forum signed up for the iTunes affiliate program? That way linking through could contribute to hosting costs just as Amazon purchases do.

Best,

Marc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):