This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

The corps expands.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 melange

melange

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

In looking at NYCB's website today, I note that the corps' ranks have swollen, with the addition of Chrosniak, Gerrity, Hillyer, Isaacs, Jacobson, Lovette, Tong and Villwock. I'm very happy for them; one can only imagine what a feeling of accomplishment, euphoria and even relief it must be to achieve this after having spent an entire childhood toiling after it.

The addition of new corps members also gives us more material with which to play "Spot the Principals," a great parlor game...

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,407 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

Congratulations to them all :flowers:

#3 Juliane

Juliane

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

Congrats! They all must be so excited!

#4 SingerWhoMoves

SingerWhoMoves

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

Congrats! They all must be so excited!

Don't forget Shoshana Rosenfield... :-)

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,407 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:23 PM

Here's the link to the list of dancers on the NYCB website:

http://www.nycballet...istic/rank.html

#6 harpergroup

harpergroup

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

And don't forget the lone male apprentice this past year: Taylor Stanley also made it into the company (no surprise). This is the first time in my recent memory that ALL of the apprentices got Corps contracts - 10 for 10.

#7 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

I was especially pleased to see Lara Tong's name on that list. I saw her in "La Source" twice and she really stood out. I remember that we discussed on another thread that Mr. Martins never had an Asian woman in the company (though there have been at least 4 men if I recall) and that was a very noticeable vacuum considering the students at SAB and looking at all the other major companies. I wish her the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):