This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Brazil -- Gomes to Dance

The ABT circulated an update on what certain dancers did during the summer. Here is the portion relating to Gomes/Ricetto:

"Maria and Marcelo onstage at the Teatro Amazonas.

... Marcelo: "Maria and I were invited by Brazil's favorite ballerina Cecilia Kerche to dance in a gala at the beautiful and renovated Teatro Amazonas. The gala was in my hometown of Manaus in Amazonas, Brazil, and it closed the second dance festival in that city. We danced Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux by George Balanchine and an excerpt from C. to C. (Close to Chuck) by Jorma Elo. It's always such a pleasure and very emotional to dance at home, but dancing with Maria and other dancers from all over Brazil, dancing where I was born, made it that much more of a memorable performance and moment in my life.""

http://www.abt.org/contactus/enews/summervacation.asp

Gomes is scheduled to dance in Brazil again -- this time in a different part of the country.

The following is from Gomes' twitter: "will be dancing don quixote at the teatro municipal do rio de janeiro, october 7 - 17 (special guests dorothee gilbert and sascha radetsky)".