This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

ABT Corps de Ballet

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

The ABT website has just been updated. About 4 or 5 names are missing(J Reyes. A Milewski. K Ellis,C Jensen). H Seo is now listed as a soloist. Did i miss some other names?

#2 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

Wow, Anne Milewski left? She was a member of the corps for almost 15 yrs now, gotta be tough to lose one of the backbones.

#3 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:40 AM

I'm not surprised about Reyes. She looked like she gained a significant amount of weight this season.

#4 FauxPas

FauxPas

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:31 AM

Anne Milewski was dancing some solo roles like Amour in "Don Quixote". Karin Ellis-Wentz is also a veteran who danced Helena in "The Dream" very effectively this past season.

#5 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

Anne Milewski was dancing some solo roles like Amour in "Don Quixote". Karin Ellis-Wentz is also a veteran who danced Helena in "The Dream" very effectively this past season.

Anne's Amour was ,IMO, the most effective since C Spizzo and Cheryl Yeager.

#6 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

I also loved Anne's Amour. In fact, I was happy anytime I opened my program and saw that she was scheduled to dance a featured role. Didn't realize that she had been in the corps that long, though. I'll miss her.

#7 fondoffouettes

fondoffouettes

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:25 AM

I'm not surprised about Reyes. She looked like she gained a significant amount of weight this season.

I thought she was always about that large, actually.

#8 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

In today's ABT-E News there is a daily diary by Lauren Post called "A Week in LA". In it she mentions how sad the other dancers were that Anne Milewski, Karin Ellis-Wentz, and Jackie Reyes were leaving the Company. But she added that though they will be missed, "they are on to so many great things." I'd love to know where these lovely women are going and wish them all the best in their new endeavors.

#9 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

Anne's Amour was ,IMO, the most effective since C Spizzo and Cheryl Yeager.

I completely agree.

I thought she was always about that large, actually.

Just goes to show ... I thought she looked trimmer this past season than in years past.

To all the departing dancers, many thanks for the pleasures of their dancing throughout the years and all wishes for best of luck in their future endeavors. :flowers:

#10 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

Hopefully they all left for their own reasons. I know that Karin Ellis-Went has child, that may have been a factor. I wish all well.

#11 mimsyb

mimsyb

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

I also loved Anne's Amour. In fact, I was happy anytime I opened my program and saw that she was scheduled to dance a featured role. Didn't realize that she had been in the corps that long, though. I'll miss her.

I, too, will miss Anne. Didn't she just get married? That may have been a factor in her decision to leave. I thank all the departing dancers for many wonderful performances and wish them all well for the future.

#12 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,407 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

I am enjoying these remembrances of corps members who are leaving. It's really sad when cherished corps members go onto other things, even if those things are great. I still miss PNB's Rebecca Johnston, who's in law school, and I think it will only really sink in that Jordan Pacitti, who was managing his own fragrance company when he was still dancing, has retired when he's not onstage next season.

#13 onxmyxtoes

onxmyxtoes

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:31 AM

Has Courtney Lavine been promoted from Apprentice to Corps de Ballet?

#14 DeCoster

DeCoster

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

I had no idea Anne Milewski had been in the corps for so long either. She was my favorite girl goat in Sleeping Beauty.

My eyes were always drawn to Reyes in the big 18th century ballets--perhaps because she is quite short and generally in the front of the corps--but I think it was something more. She lit up those "milling about the village" scenes. Her pantomime reached the dress circle, anyway.

They were, in my opinion, two of the most beautiful women in the company. I wish them the best too.

#15 christine174

christine174

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

Add me to the list of those who will miss Anne Milewski! Always a sparkling and lovely performer. I wish her the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):