This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

A short obituary in the Winston-Salem Journal marks the passing of Raymond Serrano, whom Ballet Talk-ers will remember as a member of American Ballet Theatre. It is noted that he was in the original cast of Tudor's Leaves Are Fading and was also a wonderful character actor-dancer. He is survived by his wife Christine Spizzo Serrano and other family. No service is planned.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/winstonsalem/obituary.aspx?n=raymond-william-serrano&pid=144347970

A short obituary in the Winston-Salem Journal marks the passing of Raymond Serrano, whom Ballet Talk-ers will remember as a member of American Ballet Theatre. It is noted that he was in the original cast of Tudor's Leaves Are Fading and was also a wonderful character actor-dancer. He is survived by his wife Christine Spizzo Serrano and other family. No service is planned.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/winstonsalem/obituary.aspx?n=raymond-william-serrano&pid=144347970

This is sad news. 60 is far too young to pass. I remember him well at ABT during the 1970s. Seeminly shy and reserved, he was in nearly every ballet that required character or demi character dancing. I believe after his retirement from dancing he became the company masseur. He was one of the faces of ABT and will be missed.

I also have very fine memories of Raymond Serrano as a dancer. He was definitely a company stalwart, a very gracious, thoughtful dancer. He was one of those people whom you always found on stage, not because he drew attention to himself, but because his quiet, commanding presence drew your eye.

My deepest sympathies to his family. Christine Spizzo was also one of my favorite ABT dancers. I still miss her feet in the "Swan Lake" pas de trois.

Oh I too am very saddened by this news. I well remember him at ABT, and afterwards when he was the company's masseur. He was always so thoughtful to everyone during his dance career, I was glad he would continue to help the dancers afterwards. And Christine Spizzo was/is still my favorite Amour in Don Q. My sympathies to all his friends and family.