This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ROMEO AND JULIET

THE DANCING TIMES, Aug. issue, reports that: “The Peter Schaufuss Ballet will dance a chamber version of Sir Frederick Ashton’s 'Romeo and Juliet' this autumn at venues across Denmark.”

And adds: “The new production has its premiere at the Aarhus Musik Teater, Denmark on September 24. The tour continues until October 30. See schaufuss.com for details.”

A quick look at the website offers no substantial details so far as I could tell. That is no information on just who is overseeing this “chamber version” and who is responsible for the designs, etc.

Any information from any quarter would be greatly appreciated.

coincidentally this somewhat beaten-up cover of a copy of THE SATURDAY REVIEW shows this photo, which i don't recall seeing before, from the original staging.

post-848-028984600 1280345162_thumb.jpg

From the Aarhus theatre's site, it appears that Schaufuss is doing a modern-dress version - there are some photos but whether they're of the actual production I don't know. The text states very clearly that Schaufuss owns the rights to the ballet so I assume he's setting it himself - if not, who?