• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#31 Ambonnay

Ambonnay

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:11 AM

Bingham, I received my advanced notice card today too. Now the trick will be to figure out when David Hallberg will be dancing since I will only be able to attend one time and want to book my ticket early for best seats :helpsmilie:

Barbara -- I called the ABT office last week to ask the same question, even though I plan to attend more than one Nutcracker if practicable. The ABT office said, at the time, that the casting is not likely to be made available by August 25. I asked whether Met 2010 subscribers will get exchange privileges for Nutcracker performances, and the answer was in the negative.

All -- What do people plan to do, in terms of balancing buying tickets on August 25 versus waiting to see who gets cast?

#32 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:30 AM

Bingham, I received my advanced notice card today too. Now the trick will be to figure out when David Hallberg will be dancing since I will only be able to attend one time and want to book my ticket early for best seats :helpsmilie:

Barbara -- I called the ABT office last week to ask the same question, even though I plan to attend more than one Nutcracker if practicable. The ABT office said, at the time, that the casting is not likely to be made available by August 25. I asked whether Met 2010 subscribers will get exchange privileges for Nutcracker performances, and the answer was in the negative.

All -- What do people plan to do, in terms of balancing buying tickets on August 25 versus waiting to see who gets cast?

Since David H. is dancing in Argentina Dec19 and 21, he probably will not be cast until the last week of the run(if at all)

#33 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

Have any subscribers to ABT's MET season received this card? I'm not an ABT "member", but I have several ABT subscriptions. I have not received this card. I probably will not make a purchase until casting becomes available.

#34 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:39 AM

Bingham, excellent sleuthing! Thanks for the info.

Ambonnay, I was afraid we wouldn't have exchange privileges as during a Met season. Thanks for confirming.

Abatt, I'm not a "member" either, only a subscription-buyer.

#35 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:00 AM

Have any subscribers to ABT's MET season received this card? I'm not an ABT "member", but I have several ABT subscriptions. I have not received this card. I probably will not make a purchase until casting becomes available.

I'm surprised. I'm not a subscriber or a member, just a regular single-ticket purchaser by mail.They should really give priority to regular subscribers.

#36 Ambonnay

Ambonnay

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

Now the same info, including the phone number to call if the person is booking by phone, is on the ABT website's front page. Wait a while if you don't initially see the number.

#37 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

Even I got the card...! (due I guess to my purchase of Alonso's Gala ticket). It is indeed very nice, with a very vintage looking. In the front it shows Clara on pointe, but it looks perfectly appropriate with the dancer's age. Apparently the part will be danced by a very young adolescent playing the role of a very young adolescent. Smart idea.

#38 Waelsung

Waelsung

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

I received the card, too, but I won't be bying any tickets until the casting is announced. Does anybody have at least some ideas who might be dancing in this new production, except for David H.?

#39 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

I received the card, too, but I won't be bying any tickets until the casting is announced. Does anybody have at least some ideas who might be dancing in this new production, except for David H.?

The ad on the ABT website contains photos of Gomes and Murphy (photos taken by Fabrizio Ferri). It's reasonable to assume that they will be cast.

#40 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,244 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:48 AM

The ad on the ABT website contains photos of Gomes and Murphy (photos taken by Fabrizio Ferri). It's reasonable to assume that they will be cast.

Their pics are also in the back of the card.

#41 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

Well color me excited. As much as I love Mr. B's Nutcracker it will be interesting to see Ratmansky's take. I'd also like for Ratmansky to choreograph more full-lengths for ABT, as their recent full-length productions have all been in some ways disappointments.

#42 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

I finally got the ABT Nutcracker card. Slow mail service.

#43 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:23 AM

I still haven't received the card, maybe they're sending them out in batches. Not that I'm holding my breath waiting for it...When the casting comes out I'll decide whether or not I'll go.

#44 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,244 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

When the casting comes out I'll decide whether or not I'll go.

Ah, you spoiled New Yorkers...enjoy that little luxury of yours... :D

#45 cinnamonswirl

cinnamonswirl

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

Pointe Magazine just tweeted that Hallberg & Murphy are dancing the Nutcracker premiere (Clara & the prince): http://twitter.com/p...tus/22012515394

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):