This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Almeida and Gatti moving to Boston from Corella Ballet

bart

Copied from the Corella Ballet forum. Carolina M writes from Spain.

Joseph Gatti and Adiarys Almeida are coming back to the USA to join Boston Ballet. Their departure is definitely sad news for Corella Ballet and Spanish audience but we know that they were missing the family very much. Boston Ballet touring often in Spain we are happy for them and in a way also for us.

http://ballettalk.invisionzone.com/index.p...mp;#entry270924

That kind of trans-Atlantic connection might be just the kind of thing that the larger U.S. regional companies need. A Boston-Corella link can't help but be good for both companies.

Any thoughts?

I wish that Adiarys could finally find a place/company where she develops maturity as a ballerina. She was way too young at the time of her defection-(so there was not that much of a Cuban background)-, and from then on she's been gravitating around different companies, without the chance to really show off, to create a fan base and to feel confortable with a given repertoire. Her case reminds me somewhat that of Rolandito Sarabia's. They are good, but they really need to find a nest...

I wish that Adiarys could finally find a place/company where she develops maturity as a ballerina. She was way too young at the time of her defection-(so there was not that much of a Cuban background)-, and ever since she's been back and forward different companies, without the chance to really show off, create a fan base and be confortable with a given repertoire. Her case reminds me somewhat that of Rolandito Sarabia. They are good, but they really need to find a nest...

Not sure of the fan base in Spain, (everyone I know was sorry to see them leave) but both Adiarys and Joseph got plenty of chances to show off at Corella Ballet. And of course, I have the footage to prove it. Still, I am VERY glad they will be at Boston Ballet, which is much closer to me than Spain. And just to remind everyone, there is another BB-CB connection already: Erica Cornejo dances with Boston, while her brother, Herman,is a principal at ABT and Corella Ballet.