This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New dancers

Joseph Gatti and Adiarys Almeida are coming back to the USA to join Boston Ballet. Their departure is definitely sad news for Corella Ballet and Spanish audience but we know that they were missing the family very much. Boston Ballet touring often in Spain we are happy for them and in a way also for us.

Very good news would be that Yolanda Correa & Yoel Carreño join CB. But do not know if this would be possible and on another hand I think that they have a one year contract with Ullate and then they have to come back to Cuba.

For the time being there is already a new principal who is a Cuban dancer, Dayron Vera http://www.angelcorella.org/bailarines.html

And also there is the great Cuban ex-dancer and now teacher Lázaro Carreño http://www.angelcorella.org/cvcarre%F1o1.htm

My daughter is currently attending the Corella Summer Program and reports that she has taken class with Lazaro Carreno and has seen Yoel Carreno and Yolanda Correa in the studios TODAY. She watched the company perform this evening, but I will not hear her report about how things went until a few days from now. She also watched last week's performance in Madrid and said she particularly liked "Fancy Free," but mostly enjoyed just having a chance to see the company perform, as she had not seen them before now.

My daughter is currently attending the Corella Summer Program and reports that she has taken class with Lazaro Carreno and has seen Yoel Carreno and Yolanda Correa in the studios TODAY.

Ohhhh!!! Thanks for telling!!! These are really good news!!! Would it be any possibility that they stay in Spain dancing with CB CyL?? I saw them dancing last Sunday in Peralada with Ullate and they both are such a great dancers!! They deserve to show off at their best and to be honest Ullate's choreographies do not allow this.

I'm crossing fingers.

I don't know if they will be in Swan Lake, but it is sure worth finding out. My dd has been there in the studios for nearly two weeks, and was looking for Mr. L. Carreno because she had heard what a great teacher he is, so when he showed up on Tuesday of this week, she was very happy. She says that Yoel and Yolanda are very good dancers, and she is hoping to see them dance on stage before the summer program is over, but doesn't know what the plan is. Swan Lake is Sept. 5-12, and the summer program is completed on August 29, so if they are getting ready for that, she will be disappointed for herself, but happy that they are there dancing. If she finds out any more info, I will post. She was out sick today, but hopes to be back in the studio on Friday, so she will keep her ears and eyes open!

I don't know if they will be in Swan Lake, but it is sure worth finding out. My dd has been there in the studios for nearly two weeks, and was looking for Mr. L. Carreno because she had heard what a great teacher he is, so when he showed up on Tuesday of this week, she was very happy. She says that Yoel and Yolanda are very good dancers, and she is hoping to see them dance on stage before the summer program is over, but doesn't know what the plan is. Swan Lake is Sept. 5-12, and the summer program is completed on August 29, so if they are getting ready for that, she will be disappointed for herself, but happy that they are there dancing. If she finds out any more info, I will post. She was out sick today, but hopes to be back in the studio on Friday, so she will keep her ears and eyes open!

A friend of mine who lives in Paris and loved them during their tour with BNC, went to Prague to see Yolanda and Yoel perform Swan Lake as guests and told me they were truly astonishing. I do not know what the casts in Madrid at La Zarzuela (September) will be but the ones for October in Catalunya are already announced:

01/10

Odette / Odile: NataliaTapia

Sigfrid: Ángel Corella

02/10

Odette / Odile: Carmen Corella

Sigfrid: Dayron Vera

03/10

Odette / Odile: Kazuko Omori

Sigfrid: Fernando Bufalá

Swan Lake cast for Sant Cugat (Barcelona)

I hope your daughter is completely ok soon and yes, please, let us know if she happens to get any new. I'm also trying to find out what's on!!

Many, many thanks 'pj' :flowers:

I don't know if they will be in Swan Lake, but it is sure worth finding out. She says that Yoel and Yolanda are very good dancers, and she is hoping to see them dance on stage before the summer program is over, but doesn't know what the plan is. Swan Lake is Sept. 5-12, and the summer program is completed on August 29, so if they are getting ready for that, she will be disappointed for herself, but happy that they are there dancing.

Yoli and Yoelito in "Chopiniana". :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nki5g75HP0&feature=related

Yoli and Yoelito in "Chopiniana".

Thanks sooo much cubanmiamiboy!!! Really nice, as they always are!

It seems to me really difficult that Y&Y join Corella Ballet. I'm affraid this is a dream that will not come true :( They have been performing in Poland and Italy and they are coming back to Cuba. Let's see what their future will be. I truly hope they join a company that can bring them all the succes and happiness they deserve which is a lot as they are truly great dancers and very nice people.

As for Corella Ballet, they have just finished their performances in Madrid with the three triple bills to be starting on September 5 with Swan Lake at Teatro de la Zarzuela, also in Madrid.

Casts have been announced http://www.angelcorella.org/descargas/zarzu.pdf (see page 5 of the link) and even if he is not still listed on the Company Dancers at the web page, one can see that Aaron Robinson former dancer at Birmingham Royal Ballet has joined the Spanish troupe.

Welcome Aaron!! I wish you a great stay in our Classical Ballet Company, Corella Ballet Castilla y Leon :flowers: