This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Lady of the Camellias - Spring 2010

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

Thanks to all of you, from an out of towner. I've really enjoyed reading this thread!

#32 trussy72

trussy72

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

Loved, loved, loved "lady of camellias"! I am so glad I was able to see it! Questions: At some point of the performance, one of the extras carried a vintage looking bag I thought I recognized... Does anybody know how to get in touch with the production/producers of this performance? I would like to track down that prop. Thank you!!!

#33 solino

solino

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:55 AM

The pianist was wonderful. (I don't have my program to identify him by name.)

His name is Koji Attwood and he's tremendous. I hope he starts getting better known; he deserves it. He's a great transcriber too, he did transcriptions of Schubert's Death and the Maiden and Tarrega's Recuerdos de la Alhambra which are fabulous.

Actually, Soheil Nasseri was the pianist onstage in Acts 1 and 2 and also for all of act 3 from the orchestra pit. Koji Attwood played Acts 1 and 2 from the pit.

#34 solino

solino

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

Actually, Soheil Nasseri and Koji Attwood divided up the piano part fairly equally, Mr. Nasseri performing all of Act 3 as well as the onstage parts.

#35 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

Thank you for the clarifications, solino, and welcome to BalletTalk! :shake:

#36 kojiattwood

kojiattwood

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:30 AM

Solino is absolutely correct. Here's a complete run-down of the music performed (all Chopin of course)--

Act 1: Soheil (on stage)--1 page excerpt of 3rd sonata, 3rd movement
Koji (in pit)--Piano concerto #2, Op. 21 (complete)

Act 2: Soheil (on stage)--Valse brilliante, Op. 34 #1, Ecossaise Op. 72 #3, Waltz Op. 34 # (excerpt)
Koji (in pit)--3rd sonata, 3rd movement (complete), Prelude Op. 28 #2, #17, #15, 3rd sonata, 3rd movement (excerpt), Prelude Op. 28 #2 and 24

Act 3: Soheil (in pit)--Grande Fantasie, Op. 13 (excerpt), Ballade Op. 23, Andante Spianato and Grande Polonaise, Op. 22, Piano Concerto #1, 2nd movement, 3rd sonata, 3rd movement (excerpt)

#37 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,497 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

Many thanks, solino and kojiattwood for the music details :flowers:

#38 Brioche

Brioche

Inactive Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

Embarrassing. There's a reason this ballet in performed infrequently.

Stuttgart, Hamburg, Paris and now ABT.....yeah, that's infrequent. :wallbash:

#39 kojiattwood

kojiattwood

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:52 AM

Interesting blog sticking up for us musicians (sometimes we get the Dangerfield treatment, heh):

http://www.nyconcert...com/blog/?p=838

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):