This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Lady of the Camellias - Spring 2010

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,276 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

Thanks to all of you, from an out of towner. I've really enjoyed reading this thread!

#32 trussy72

trussy72

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

Loved, loved, loved "lady of camellias"! I am so glad I was able to see it! Questions: At some point of the performance, one of the extras carried a vintage looking bag I thought I recognized... Does anybody know how to get in touch with the production/producers of this performance? I would like to track down that prop. Thank you!!!

#33 solino

solino

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:55 AM

The pianist was wonderful. (I don't have my program to identify him by name.)

His name is Koji Attwood and he's tremendous. I hope he starts getting better known; he deserves it. He's a great transcriber too, he did transcriptions of Schubert's Death and the Maiden and Tarrega's Recuerdos de la Alhambra which are fabulous.

Actually, Soheil Nasseri was the pianist onstage in Acts 1 and 2 and also for all of act 3 from the orchestra pit. Koji Attwood played Acts 1 and 2 from the pit.

#34 solino

solino

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

Actually, Soheil Nasseri and Koji Attwood divided up the piano part fairly equally, Mr. Nasseri performing all of Act 3 as well as the onstage parts.

#35 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

Thank you for the clarifications, solino, and welcome to BalletTalk! :shake:

#36 kojiattwood

kojiattwood

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:30 AM

Solino is absolutely correct. Here's a complete run-down of the music performed (all Chopin of course)--

Act 1: Soheil (on stage)--1 page excerpt of 3rd sonata, 3rd movement
Koji (in pit)--Piano concerto #2, Op. 21 (complete)

Act 2: Soheil (on stage)--Valse brilliante, Op. 34 #1, Ecossaise Op. 72 #3, Waltz Op. 34 # (excerpt)
Koji (in pit)--3rd sonata, 3rd movement (complete), Prelude Op. 28 #2, #17, #15, 3rd sonata, 3rd movement (excerpt), Prelude Op. 28 #2 and 24

Act 3: Soheil (in pit)--Grande Fantasie, Op. 13 (excerpt), Ballade Op. 23, Andante Spianato and Grande Polonaise, Op. 22, Piano Concerto #1, 2nd movement, 3rd sonata, 3rd movement (excerpt)

#37 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,470 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

Many thanks, solino and kojiattwood for the music details :flowers:

#38 Brioche

Brioche

Inactive Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

Embarrassing. There's a reason this ballet in performed infrequently.

Stuttgart, Hamburg, Paris and now ABT.....yeah, that's infrequent. :wallbash:

#39 kojiattwood

kojiattwood

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:52 AM

Interesting blog sticking up for us musicians (sometimes we get the Dangerfield treatment, heh):

http://www.nyconcert...com/blog/?p=838

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):