This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Baryshnikov in Upcoming Sold-Out Performances, NY

I started a forum under "Dancers - Baryshnikov in 2010?" a few months ago and have been posting performances that show up on Google-alerts. He has things scheduled in 2010 in Israel, Sarasota, and a fundraiser in LA with the Merce Cunningham troupe. If others see performances scheduled, please add them so the rest of us know.

I saw him with Ana Laguna at the Broad Stage in Santa Monica last September. For those of us old enough to have seen him in his "ballet prime" in the 1970s and 80s, it was a special treat. I was surprised at how many physically demanding moves were included in the choreography that night, but he does seem to be slowing down in 2010.

"Links" is the forum where news links are published on Ballet Talk. The only exceptions to our "no double-posting" policy are when they are used to start discussion about the news itself or if a company is performing in non-the-usual location, as a reminder. If you find a link that is missing from the daily digest, we always appreciate an email to the "Contact Us" link or a PM to dirac, and we'll be sure it's added.

We would love to hear what people think of the performances in the "Modern and Other Dance" forum.

"Heads up" is "To announce ballet-related events, such as TV and radio broadcasts. tours, guest appearances, book signings, master classes, tours, new websites and updates. "