• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,214 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

Good news on the dramatic dancer front: the charismatic and powerful Isanusi Garcia-Rodriquez is back on the roster as a Principal.

:D

#17 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

Two new corps women on the roster:

-- Suzanne Limbrunner: former MCB dancer who moved to France, dancing in Bordeaux; she and returning Principal Yann Trividic were married in Miami Beach last February

-- Adriana Piercy, School of American Ballet. She danced in SAB's performance of Fanfare this season. MCB is performing that work on Program I.

-- Emily Bromberg, Ballet San Jose

-- Renan Cerdeiro, promoted from apprentice; was performing soloists roles by the end of last season. Much deserved. Expect more from this young man.

No thumbnails on the website yet, but here is a shot of Limbrunner's and Trividic's wedding.

http://www.miamicity...attachment/179/

Meanwhile, "So You Think You Can Dance" continues its cherry-picking from among MCB dancers. The latest: Daniel Baker, seen here in a May 2010 audition.
http://videos.wittys.../id/3019975030/

#18 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,214 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

Nice to know we're up to five principal bailarines in the roster. R&J is safe.

Meanwhile, "So You Think You Can Dance" continues its cherry-picking from among MCB dancers. The latest: Daniel Baker, seen here in a May 2010 audition.
http://videos.wittys.../id/3019975030/

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=4]"I'm going to Vegaaaaaaas!!"[/size][/font]

Daniel Baker. :D

#19 som2003

som2003

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:29 PM

The number of dancers no longer listed on the Miami City Ballet Website is slightly odd considering that the company seems to be thriving and receiving much acclaim. The lose of Rolando Sarabia, Daniel Sarabia, Daniel Baker, Alex Wong, Carlos Quenidit and Jeremy Cox from the prior season will most likely put a strain on remaining principal men Penteado and Guerra. Hopefully the addition of Yann Trivadic, Isanusi Garcia, and Reyes will help lessen the load that Penteado and Guerra will have to carry.

One must also notice the female roster loses:

Deanna Seay
Allynne Noelle
Kristin D'Addario
Elizabeth Keller
Katie Gibson

Ms. Seay's presence will be much missed on the stage. Her artistry was at a superior level in comparison to the other principal women. With the lose of Noelle, D'Addario and Andrea Spirodanokis it will be interesting to see which dancers Mr. Villella casts in the tall leggy roles for all the Balanchine Ballets. All three of the women are a lot taller than a majority of the female dancers in the company and were always casted in the "tall" roles like Choleric in 4t's and the soloist woman in Rubies.

#20 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

I must have abeen asleep at the wheel. I didn't know about 4 of the women you mention. (We've talked about Seay and Spiridonakos on a number of earlier threads, and of course about the loss of so many talented men.)

Keller and Gibson are lovely dancers. From a rep standpoint, however, Noelle and d'Addario will especially missed -- not only for the tall girl roles, but for their individuality, personality, and stage appeal. Both have done a good amount of solo work. I would hate having to expose the company to the scrutiny of national tv in Western Symphony, for instance, without these excellent dancers somewhere on stage to add pizzazz.

Thanks, som2003. And WELCOME to Ballet Talk. :tiphat:

#21 jsmu

jsmu

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

Ms. Seay's presence will be much missed on the stage. Her artistry was at a superior level in comparison to the other principal women. With the lose of Noelle, D'Addario and Andrea Spirodanokis it will be interesting to see which dancers Mr. Villella casts in the tall leggy roles for all the Balanchine Ballets. All three of the women are a lot taller than a majority of the female dancers in the company and were always casted in the "tall" roles like Choleric in 4t's and the soloist woman in Rubies.

The absence of the divine Seay will always be felt, sadly. I'm very sorry to see that the extremely interesting, vivacious Noelle is gone. I saw d'Addario's debut in the second ballerina role of Barocco and was very taken with her; as Bart says, national TV without all these excellent and experienced company members?!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):