31 replies to this topic

#1 Waelsung

Waelsung

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

In March of 2011 the Kirov Ballet is coming to Toronto:

http://buyticketspro...ing_to_Toronto/

No details yet, but given the right program with the right casts (Kondaurova, Kondaurova and more Kondaurova :wink:) I could be really tempted to come out of my self-imposed seclusion and travel to our great neighbor in the North.

Wonder when they will announce the particulars and start selling the tickets.

If anybody has any info, would really appreciate it.

#2 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

They'll be in Ottawa February 24-27, 2011, with La Bayadere:
http://www.nac-cna.c...fm?EventID=6298

And at the Kennedy Center with Giselle February 8-13:
http://www.kennedy-c...llet/home11.cfm

It looks like the National Ballet of Canada had to reorganize its plans for next year in view of the Kirov visit to Toronto:
http://www.cbc.ca/ar...sky-ballet.html
http://www.thestar.c...aux-pas-de-deux

I wonder where else they will tour while they're in North America. OCPAC hasn't yet announced its dance season for 2010-11, so with luck they'll make it to the west coast, too

#3 Catherine

Catherine

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe that there are any West Coast tours planned for the Kirov/Mariinsky for 2011. I heard the next will be 2012, and I heard this LAST year, while I was in St. P, and that it was a decision based on the economic situation. (Well that and the monopoly on performing spaces in San Francisco, but that's another issue)...But that was for entire West Coast (LA area included).

#4 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

Wonder when they will announce the particulars and start selling the tickets.

If anybody has any info, would really appreciate it.

I was phoned last week by an official ticket seller who tried hard to sell me one. I can't afford to go, but the woman on the phone was pleasantly pushing the performance despite my resistance due to empty pockets. Maybe closer to the date...
She couldn't tell me anything about casting.

[size="2"]I just noticed I've responded to a post from May - 5 months ago![/size]

Edited by Marga, 16 October 2010 - 01:47 PM.

#5 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:06 PM

Tickets have been on sale for quite awhile already but there are still tickets available. No information on casting yet but I just checked Vishneva's website and she is opening & closing the Bayadere in Ottowa. Looks like she won't be coming to Toronto but if she has her schedule it seems like they should have preliminary casting for the whole engagement already. Hopefully they will post it soon!

I'm hoping for Lopatkina & Kondaurova. Have given up hope for Pavlenko, that would be a miracle!

#6 Catherine

Catherine

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:13 PM

Hi nysusan,

As far as casting goes, inside the theatre nothing is posted yet beyond the Baden Baden tour -- that is, beyond Dec. 31, 2010. If there's casting, it's on Fateyev's desk and not really further than that. My guess though is that they themselves may not have the casting finalized yet. But since Vishneva has a defined number of performances with the company per year, she may well know what those dates are ahead of others.

Pavlenko just this weekend danced Aegia in Spartak in a short inner-Russian tour. She's slated to dance it again in January (the 12th I think?) ...so I doubt they will put her in any big classics anytime soon, as she's still coming back from her injury. Better safe than sorry/easy does it and all that.

#7 Waelsung

Waelsung

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

Hi nysusan,

As far as casting goes, inside the theatre nothing is posted yet beyond the Baden Baden tour -- that is, beyond Dec. 31, 2010. If there's casting, it's on Fateyev's desk and not really further than that. My guess though is that they themselves may not have the casting finalized yet. But since Vishneva has a defined number of performances with the company per year, she may well know what those dates are ahead of others.

Pavlenko just this weekend danced Aegia in Spartak in a short inner-Russian tour. She's slated to dance it again in January (the 12th I think?) ...so I doubt they will put her in any big classics anytime soon, as she's still coming back from her injury. Better safe than sorry/easy does it and all that.

Hi Catherine,

thanks a lot for the inside scoop. Sorry for an off-topic question, but I wonder if you heard anything about Kirov visit to NY. At one point it was announced in this season plans but later on all mentions suddenly disappeared from their website.

I'm not asking just out of curiosity. My funds are somewhat limited at the moment, and if Kirov Ballet does indeed come to NYC in the summer I can sit out their D.C., Ottawa, and Toronto tour and save some money for August. If however the Met season has been scrapped, I'll try my best to go at least to D.C. and maybe to Toronto, too.

Thanks again.

Len

#8 Catherine

Catherine

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

Well their London tour has just been confirmed, mid July to late July (two weeks I think?) So I highly doubt there will be a NY season this summer for that reason (unless they only sent a few dancers? But i dont see that happening either). The London stint is right at the end of White Nights, and the company tends to not tour during the White Nights itself.

So in short: I haven't heard much about NY tour -- although dancers themselves were asking me if i had!! -- and since London is now confirmed, I dont think it will happen.

Dont know where you're located, Len, but if it's the US, I would guess that the DC tour is your best bet. Alas, Uliana will only have one performance there... and I hope she remains on the tour, as you know how there can be last minute changes.

#9 Waelsung

Waelsung

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:58 AM

Well their London tour has just been confirmed, mid July to late July (two weeks I think?) So I highly doubt there will be a NY season this summer for that reason (unless they only sent a few dancers? But i dont see that happening either). The London stint is right at the end of White Nights, and the company tends to not tour during the White Nights itself.

So in short: I haven't heard much about NY tour -- although dancers themselves were asking me if i had!! -- and since London is now confirmed, I dont think it will happen.

Dont know where you're located, Len, but if it's the US, I would guess that the DC tour is your best bet. Alas, Uliana will only have one performance there... and I hope she remains on the tour, as you know how there can be last minute changes.

Thanks a lot, Catherine - I really appreciate your reply.

I'm in NY, so will probably have to go to D.C. for the UL performance now.

Thanks again!

#10 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:13 AM

Catherine, Thanks so much for your insight into the inner workings of the Mariinsky! Good to hear that Pavlenko's back and working her way back into the repertory.

Meanwhile, casting for the Canadian tour has been posted on the Ardani site and guess who's opening their run of Swan Lake? You guessed it, Ms. Somova.

Alina Somova , Denis Matvienko (3/1)
Victoria Tereshkina, Vladimir Schklyarov (3/2)
Uliana Lopatkina, Danila Korsuntsev (3/3)
Yekaterina Kondaurova ,Yevgeny Ivanchenko (3/4)
Anastasia Kolegova Andrian Fadeev (3/5, mat)
Alina Somova ,Vladimir Schklyarov (3/ 5, eve)
Uliana Lopatkina Danila Korsuntsev (3/6)

Here's the Bayadere casting:

Nikia, a bayadère
Diana Vishneva (24, 27)
Victoria Tereshkina (25)
Yekaterina Kondaurova (26, mat)
Uliana Lopatkina (26, eve)
Alina Somova (27, mat)

Gamzatti, his daughter
Anastasia Matvienko (24, 26, 27, eve)
Anastasia Kolegova (25, 26, mat, 27, mat)

Solor, a rich warrior
Andrian Fadeev (24, 27)
Denis Matvienko (25)
Yevgeny Ivanchenko (26, mat)
Danila Korsuntsev (26, eve)
Vladimir Schklyarov (27, mat)

Here's the link:
http://www.ardani.co...s-mariinsky.php

#11 Mireille

Mireille

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

Would anyone have an idea of the casting for La Bayadère in Ottawa February 24-27?

#12 YID

YID

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

Mireille, did you check the above/prior post? it's all there (to the best of availability of information).

#13 Catherine

Catherine

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

How nice that Lopatkina has 3 slots; Kondaurova 2. In Petersburg those would all be sold out.

#14 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:46 AM

The Toronto/Swan Lakes leg of the Canadian tour opens tonight, so I am bumping-up this thread for any reports. So far, we have no updates to the original casting on the Ardani site, which indicates:

March 1 (tonight) - Somova/Matvienko
March 2 - Tereshkina/Shklyarov
March 3 - Lopatkina/Korsuntsev
March 4 - Kondaurova/Ivanchenko
March 5 mat. - Kolegova/Fadeev
March 5 eve - Somova/Shklyarov
March 6 mat. - Lopatkina/Korsuntsev

I'm planning to attend only the Friday-night performance(Kondaurova/Ivanchenko...hopefully still on tap). Nysusan and other forum members may also be attending, so we might have reports on various performances.

I'm wondering if Andrian Fadeev will be in Toronto for his lone scheduled performance, the Sat. matinee with Kolegova? He was one of the principals originally on tap for last week's Ottawa Bayaderes who, in the end, did not show.

#15 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

The printed playbill is out. No Somova - Kolegova - Fadeev. I need to buy ticket for one of the new Kondaurova performances, as she is no longer dancing the 4th. Well, why am I not surprised? :)

http://www.sonycentr...swanlakecasting

New principal casts:

March 1 (tonight) - Tereshkina/Shklyarov (was Somova/Matvienko)
March 2 - Lopatkina/Korsuntsev (was Tereshkina/Shklyarov)
March 3 - Kondaurova/Ivanchenko (was Lopatkina/Korsuntsev)
March 4 - Lopatkina/Korsuntsev (was Kondaurova/Ivanchenko)
March 5 mat. - Kondaurova/Ivanchenko (was Kolegova/Fadeev)
March 5 eve - Lopatkina/Korsuntsev (was Somova/Shklyarov)
March 6 mat. - Tereshkina/Shklyarov (was Lopatkina/Korsuntsev)

Pas de 3 groups will be a mix of Shirinkina/Martynyuk/Parish, Cheprasova/Kasenkova/Timofeyev or Styopin

Jester - Zverev or Petrov or Nedviga

Rothbart - Zverov or Soloviov or Sitnikov

Two Solo Swans - Shirinkina & Nikitina

...and the rest are printed in the linked playbill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):