This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Marika Besobrasova

Marika Besobrasova (Academie de Danse Classique Princesse Grace) passed away last weekend. Her funeral is to be held today in Monaco.

I am saddened to hear of the passing of Madame Besobrasova who was a distinguished ballet pedagogue.

I met her on a number of occasions and she was a most delightful and charming woman.

May she rest in peace.

MARIKA BESOBRASOVA: “Beauty of soul mysteriously reflected in the beauty of body“. This idea is the basis of teaching which I try to follow and take in into account in searching for a real talent. Only a person with rich inner world can become a great artist. A body is an instrument of a dancer. A musician, if he is not satisfied with the sound of his instrument, can always buy a Stradivari, a dancer cannot get another body. He must leam to control it. It is necessary to have simultaneously a sense of discipline, persistence and iron will, along with wide range of vision. However, the combination of all these necessary qualities will remain only a scheme without that indefinite „aura” which cannot be obtained and is called a talent. It is the finest sense of motion reflecting emotional experiences exciting and shaking the audience. A young dancer with the help of his tutor must discover in himself something. „I don't know what” which is mysteriously hidden deep in his soul: he must identify it, subdue it and carry it till realizatin of unique wonder once at night — “PERFORMANCE”. FROM PRIX BENOIS DE LA DANSE WEBSITE

Marika Besobrasova (Academie de Danse Classique Princesse Grace) passed away last weekend. Her funeral is to be held today in Monaco.

MARIKA BESOBRASOVA: “Beauty of soul mysteriously reflected in the beauty of body“. This idea is the basis of teaching which I try to follow and take in into account in searching for a real talent. Only a person with rich inner world can become a great artist. A body is an instrument of a dancer. A musician, if he is not satisfied with the sound of his instrument, can always buy a Stradivari, a dancer cannot get another body. He must leam to control it. It is necessary to have simultaneously a sense of discipline, persistence and iron will, along with wide range of vision. However, the combination of all these necessary qualities will remain only a scheme without that indefinite „aura” which cannot be obtained and is called a talent. It is the finest sense of motion reflecting emotional experiences exciting and shaking the audience. A young dancer with the help of his tutor must discover in himself something. „I don't know what” which is mysteriously hidden deep in his soul: he must identify it, subdue it and carry it till realizatin of unique wonder once at night — “PERFORMANCE”. FROM PRIX BENOIS DE LA DANSE WEBSITE

May she rest in peace.

I never met her, but spoke with her many times by telephone before and during the time my daughter went to study with her.

I was very impressed with her concern for danse as an activity revelatory of human depths , as, the quote which Leonid provides shows.

She thought and treated her students' bodies with a kind of reverence.

I am saddened to hear of the passing of Madame Besobrasova who was a distinguished ballet pedagogue.

I met her on a number of occasions and she was a most delightful and charming woman.

May she rest in peace.

This was a beautiful quote, Leonid. Thank you for sharing it. Madame Besobrasova's words gave me chills. May she rest in peace.

Hi,

I was a student of Marika Besobrasova during 1985 and 1991.

I found this page and this forum looking for photos about the school (casa mia).

I have my self some videos and photos from this time. In 1985 not every body was having a video camera. Mobile phone and internet was not existing :D

I have some video from the exams and somes performances.

I am putting them slowly online on a page I created at youdanz.

I will be very happy if anybody having more videos and photos could also add them.

The page: Page of Academie de danse Princesse Grace de Monaco

Thanks,

Jean-Pierre

Thank you, jpl, and welcome to BalletAlert!

I watched your video, and it looks very interesting. Such attractive students! Makes me wish I had kept up with my French after college. I might not have understood it all, but I would have understood it a lot better!

I hope this site helps you connect with other potential contributors to your project.

Thank you, jpl, and welcome to BalletAlert!

I watched your video, and it looks very interesting. Such attractive students! Makes me wish I had kept up with my French after college. I might not have understood it all, but I would have understood it a lot better!

I hope this site helps you connect with other potential contributors to your project.

Hi Carbro.

Thank you very much for your message. Lets hope that I will achieve my goal.