Gelsey Kirkland Academy of Classical Ballet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Claire

Claire

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:04 AM

See the website for the newly-established Gelsey Kirkland Academy of Classical Ballet:

http://www.gelseykir...e_to_GKACB.html

and the Facebook page:
http://www.facebook....73717818?ref=ts

and Twitter:
http://twitter.com/GKACB

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:58 AM

I looked at the website and was bemused to realize that you had to click several times to find the actual location of the school. I assumed that it was in NYC, but that isn't really mentioned except on the contact page.

I subscribe to several dance listservs and have noticed that, even when it's obvious that the readership is an international one, people have a tendency to forget to mention the city/state/country where some event is taking place. I've received elaborate instructions about what subway stop to get off at and which bell to ring at the door, but no information on the city where the subway and the bell are found!

#3 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

I looked at the website and was bemused to realize that you had to click several times to find the actual location of the school. I assumed that it was in NYC, but that isn't really mentioned except on the contact page.

I subscribe to several dance listservs and have noticed that, even when it's obvious that the readership is an international one, people have a tendency to forget to mention the city/state/country where some event is taking place. I've received elaborate instructions about what subway stop to get off at and which bell to ring at the door, but no information on the city where the subway and the bell are found!

You are a better clicker than I. I couldn't find the location. Where is it?

#4 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:24 PM

On its Facebook page it only says "Tribeca". I can't find the studio address on the official site either.

#5 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

It also seeks in-kind donations from contractors, so their permanent space isn't open yet. However, the first summer intensive will be at LaGuardia High School, according to the website "across the road" from Lincoln Center. ("Road?" This is Manhattan. We have Streets and Avenues, Drives, Ways and a Boulevard or two but "road"?) Here's an office address near neither LaGuardia High (which is across Amsterdam Ave. from Lincoln Center) nor the Tribeca neighborhood. Probably temporary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):