This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NYC Tribeca PAC March 2010

I attended both Friday and Saturday performances. Friday - Passion La Carmen - choreography was a bit too contemporary for me, and the interpretation of the story was unusual. But I loved the dancers, especially, Vladimir Dorokhin (who resembles Baryshnikov face in close proximity ;-)) such a passionate and fluid, plastic dancer and great partner.

I like the Saturday program much better. And i'd agree with this article

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/22/arts/dance/22pete.html

I wish it was better advertised and received more publicity. The only scorn i have is for Usher's letting people in in the middle of dances, during the performances, slamming doors and chatting among each other

I hope to see them again in NYC and USA

I attended both Friday and Saturday performances. Friday - Passion La Carmen - choreography was a bit too contemporary for me, and the interpretation of the story was unusual. But I loved the dancers, especially, Vladimir Dorokhin (who resembles Baryshnikov face in close proximity ;-)) such a passionate and fluid, plastic dancer and great partner.

I like the Saturday program much better. And i'd agree with this article

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/22/arts/dance/22pete.html

I wish it was better advertised and received more publicity. The only scorn i have is for Usher's letting people in in the middle of dances, during the performances, slamming doors and chatting among each other

I hope to see them again in NYC and USA

I saw the program with 8 short ballets at the Sunday matinee. Found Jacobson's works to be very interesting (especially the Rodin piece), wasn't as crazy about the others. But I did like the dancers and it was fun to see a Russian company besides the Mariinsky & Bolshoi. This may not have been well publicized, but the performance I went to was PACKED with a mostly Russian speaking crowd. I'm planning to head to Brighton Beach next week for a performance by the Moscow Festival Ballet, I'm sure that will be a fun trip!