This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

retirements

Contracts are due at the end of March, so this is the time of year we learn who won't be returning next season.

Jordan Pacitti is leaving after the June Encore program, to pursue his work in the fragrance industry. Here's the press release.

FOR FRAGRANCE SAMPLES, CONTACT:

Jordan Pacitti, Jordan Samuel Fragrances,

jordan@jordansamuel.net,

www.jordansamuel.net

Pacific Northwest Ballet’s Jordan Pacitti Announces Departure to Further Pursue Fragrance Career

Seattle, WA – Pacific Northwest Ballet corps de ballet member Jordan Pacitti – currently gracing the cover of PNB’s playbill for the company’s run of 3 by Dove – has announced that he will be retiring from the company at the end of this season, to further pursue his career in the fragrance industry; In 2007, Pacitti launched Jordan Samuel Fragrances, creating and selling room fragrance diffusers, bath and body oils, candles, and fragrances. In September 2010, when his colleagues at the ballet are preparing for the new season of performances, Pacitti will be entering the esthetics program at the Gary Manual Aveda Institute in Seattle.

"The past eleven years with Pacific Northwest Ballet have been extremely rewarding,” said Pacitti in announcing his decision. “I have learned so much and have become the adult I am today. Though I am sad to leave, the time has come to move on. I am emotionally ready and everything is lined up. Thanks to PNB's Second Stage program, I have been able to start and grow my company Jordan Samuel Fragrances.” (Second Stage is PNB’s career-transition program, created to support its dancers in achieving their goals following a career in dance. Second Stage resources allow dancers to take classes, access mentors and career counseling, and receive grants.)

Pacitti continued, “PNB’s support has been invaluable and I thank them immensely. I look forward to my next year and all the opportunities it brings. I thank everyone who has ever supported my dancing, I will miss you greatly."

PNB Founding Artistic Directors Kent Stowell and Francia Russell, who first hired Pacitti as an apprentice in 1999, said “It is impossible for us to imagine PNB without Jordan. We have vivid memories of him in dozens and dozens of roles, many demonstrating his great versatility and all performed with his blazing energy and absolute integrity. Jordan has been a beautiful dancer, a remarkable actor and a truly beloved colleague. As both a performer and a friend, he created his own unique place within the Company and will be sorely missed. The wonderful consolation is that he is the perfect example of the retiring dancer who is fully prepared for his transition and as passionate about his second career as he has always been about dance.”

Added PNB Artistic Director Peter Boal: “Jordan is so loved by so many. For eleven years, he has served PNB in corps de ballet, soloist, and principal roles with reliability, talent, and charisma. He is dearly appreciated by audiences, co-workers, and his director. He may be retiring, but he’s got an invitation to return next December as Drosselmeier [in PNB’s Stowell/Sendak Nutcracker]. We can’t imagine PNB without him, so we won’t.”

Jordan Pacitti is from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He trained at the School of Cleveland Ballet and on scholarship at the School of American Ballet. He was a recipient of a Royal Danish Ballet Exchange Program award in 1998, allowing him to study in Copenhagen. He joined Pacific Northwest Ballet as an apprentice in 1999 and was promoted to corps de ballet in 2000. Leading roles include George Balanchine's Agon, Concerto Barocco, Divertimento No. 15, A Midsummer Night's Dream (Puck, Lysander, Bottom), Slaughter on Tenth Avenue, and Symphony in Three Movements; Todd Bolender's Souvenirs; Val Caniparoli's The Bridge, Lambarena, and Torque; Merce Cunningham's Inlets 2; Ulysses Dove's Red Angels; Nacho Duato's Jardí Tancat; Dominique Dumais' Scripted in the Body; Nicolo Fonte's Within/Without; William Forsythe's One Flat Thing, reproduced; Paul Gibson's The Piano Dance, Rush, and Sense of Doubt; Ronald Hynd's The Sleeping Beauty (Gold and Silver pas de trois); Mark Morris' A Garden; Jerome Robbins' The Concert, Dances at a Gathering, and Fancy Free; Kent Stowell's Carmina Burana, Delicate Balance, Nutcracker (Herr Drosselmeier), and Silver Lining; Lynne Taylor-Corbett's Mercury, and Twyla Tharp's In the Upper Room and Nine Sinatra Songs. Pacitti originated leading roles in Kiyon Gaines' Interrupted Pri'si'zhen and M-Pulse and Susan Stroman's TAKE FIVE … More or Less and danced featured roles in George Balanchine's Diamonds, Prodigal Son, Symphony in C, and Theme and Variations; Val Caniparoli's Torque; Peter Martins' Fearful Symmetries; Kirk Peterson's Amazed in Burning Dreams; Kent Stowell's Carmina Burana, Cinderella, Hail to the Conquering Hero, Poème St. Saëns, and Swan Lake; and Richard Tanner's Ancient Airs and Dances.

# # #

If you are interested in fragrance samples or pursuing a story on Jordan Samuel Fragrances, please contact:

Jordan Pacitti, Jordan Samuel Fragrances

jordan@jordansamuel.net

www.jordansamuel.net

I read this during intermission of a Paralympic Ice Sledge Hockey semifinal this afternoon, and my row-mates were wondering why I suddenly was wiping away tears.

In everything from the perfectly sculpted cameo of his Tutor in "Swan Lake" to his undulating solo in "Lambarena" to his spirited "Puck" to his dynamic "Red Angels" to his perfect port de bras as Boy in Blue in "Dances at a Gathering" and in countless corps/demi/soloist/principal roles in between, Pacitti has been a compelling, complete dancer, one I will miss greatly.

I wish him the best in the next phase of his life. (sniffle)

In everything from the perfectly sculpted cameo of his Tutor in "Swan Lake" to his undulating solo in "Lambarena" to his spirited "Puck" to his dynamic "Red Angels" to his perfect port de bras as Boy in Blue in "Dances at a Gathering" and in countless corps/demi/soloist/principal roles in between, Pacitti has been a compelling, complete dancer, one I will miss greatly.

I couldn't agree more Helene. I'll never forget his Tutor in "Swan Lake". I can't think of anyone who creates those sorts of characters as well as Jordan. He was not spectacular, nor did he rise near the top of the company, but Jordan always delivered without complaint and as a true professional (or so it seemed to me as an audience member). I was always glad to see that he was cast when ever I attended PNB performances. Plus I've always imagined him with a wonderful sense of humor. He simply could not do the Tutor, or the Bottom, and so many other roles he so often did, always making it entertaining, never treating the role as a throw-away, without having a wonderful sense of humor (or so I imagine in my mind).

He may not be flashy, but I think Pacitti is pretty spectacular, and I looked forward to seeing him every time I saw him on a cast list.

There's a video on the PNB Facebook page with an interview about "Red Angels" with Pacitti and Leslie Rausch, and some short rehearsal and performance clips of them and some other casts:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/vid...8326&ref=nf

If we're lucky, we'll get to see Pacitti perform this at 8 Encores.

He may not be flashy, but I think Pacitti is pretty spectacular, and I looked forward to seeing him every time I saw him on a cast list.

There's a video on the PNB Facebook page with an interview about "Red Angels" with Pacitti and Leslie Rausch, and some short rehearsal and performance clips of them and some other casts:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/vid...8326&ref=nf

If we're lucky, we'll get to see Pacitti perform this at 8 Encores.

This is highly likely, as I understand it.