This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Jaime Garcia Castilla

PeggyR

Without speculating as to why San Francisco Ballet principal Jaime Garcia Castilla hasn't been seen last season or so far this one (at least I haven't seen him scheduled; don't know if he has shown up as a replacement), I believe it's safe to point out that in the Program 4/5 booklet, on page 36 is a photo with the following caption: "Lorena Feijoo and Jaime Garcia Castilla rehearse Neumeier's The Little Mermaid."

I only saw him a couple of times just before his promotion to principal, but he left quite an impression; I hope the picture is an indication he'll be back on stage soon.

SO do I..

I've seen him dance a lot, and he is always wonderful. Fabulous as Cupid in Morris's Sylvia, -- he has plastic possibilities like Vladimir Malakhov, what seems to be native good taste, musicality and imagination in abundance. SFB's men are amazing, there are so many who are standouts, but it's been a long wait to see this man perform again.

Without speculating as to why San Francisco Ballet principal Jaime Garcia Castilla hasn't been seen last season or so far this one (at least I haven't seen him scheduled; don't know if he has shown up as a replacement), I believe it's safe to point out that in the Program 4/5 booklet, on page 36 is a photo with the following caption: "Lorena Feijoo and Jaime Garcia Castilla rehearse Neumeier's The Little Mermaid."

I only saw him a couple of times just before his promotion to principal, but he left quite an impression; I hope the picture is an indication he'll be back on stage soon.