This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

CCBM Program I: Don Quijote

So Sleeping Beauty is out...Don Quijote is in.

From CCBM Artistic Director Pedro Pablo Pena.

Date: February 15, 2010 12:21:18 PM EST

URGENT NOTICE FROM THE DIRECTOR

"Due to an unforeseen last-minute situation with the production and circumstances beyond our control, the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami premiere of The Sleeping Beauty which was to take place on February 20th & 21st has been cancelled.

Our newly scheduled performance dates are Saturday, May 22nd at 8:00 pm & Sunday, May 23rd at 5:00 pm at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater. The CCBM will perform the full length DON QUIXOTE, in collaboration with Cia Brasileira de Ballet from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. The CCBM needs and appreciates your continuous support and we look forward to seeing you in May for another great performance".

Sincerely,

Pedro Pablo Pena

CCBM Artistic Director

I believe that the audience of CCBM deserves to be notified that Pedro Pablo Pena is no longer working with Magaly Suarez (aka "Mamicha"). For those who plan on attending this Don Q, please be aware that she is not involved and that her dancers (both that she trained, as well as guests) such as Taras Domitro, Miguel Angel Blanco, Jordan-Elizabeth Long, and others, will not be taking part in this production.

:wink:

I believe that the audience of CCBM deserves to be notified that Pedro Pablo Pena is no longer working with Magaly Suarez (aka "Mamicha"). For those who plan on attending this Don Q, please be aware that she is not involved and that her dancers (both that she trained, as well as guests) such as Taras Domitro, Miguel Angel Blanco, Jordan-Elizabeth Long, and others, will not be taking part in this production.

:lol:

I knew this, but didn't mention it because I could not find an official announcement. For what I understand, CCBM is done for good.