This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Hi Everyone

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sampras

Sampras

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

Hi. I don't really know a lot about ballet in technical terms, but have enjoyed it as an art form since I was a wee child. Not sure if I can contribute a lot, but just wanted to take part in a forum with like minded people. Classical ballet is my thing.

Oh, and I'm from Toronto Canada.

#2 GianninaM

GianninaM

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

Welcome to Ballet Talk, Sampras; it's nice to have you with us. Ballet is our thing too and we love to discuss it. Lots of information on the board for you and I know you'll find it interesting. Feel free to ask questions; we love to help people learn about this beautiful art form.

Giannina

#3 Sampras

Sampras

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

Thanks Giannina.

Some of the other ballet boards are a little intimidating, so I thank you for such a quick welcome. I may well ask a lot of questions :( .

I just found out we are getting Billy Elliot here in Toronto.

#4 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,753 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:08 PM

Hello and welcome, Sampras. We love questions and besides you probably know more than you think. Are you a tennis fan by any chance or is your moniker unrelated to Pistol Pete?

#5 Sampras

Sampras

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:42 AM

It comes from Pete Sampras in a round about kind of way. In an episode of Father Ted, Dougal named his pet rabbit Sampras 'because of that whole thing between rabbits and tennis'. Always having been a fan of nonsensical humour it kind of stuck with me. But I do like tennis. It's one of the very few sports I will sit and watch- too old to play now.

#6 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,753 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

In an episode of Father Ted, Dougal named his pet rabbit Sampras 'because of that whole thing between rabbits and tennis'. Always having been a fan of nonsensical humour it kind of stuck with me.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):