This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Hi Everyone

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sampras

Sampras

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

Hi. I don't really know a lot about ballet in technical terms, but have enjoyed it as an art form since I was a wee child. Not sure if I can contribute a lot, but just wanted to take part in a forum with like minded people. Classical ballet is my thing.

Oh, and I'm from Toronto Canada.

#2 GianninaM

GianninaM

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

Welcome to Ballet Talk, Sampras; it's nice to have you with us. Ballet is our thing too and we love to discuss it. Lots of information on the board for you and I know you'll find it interesting. Feel free to ask questions; we love to help people learn about this beautiful art form.

Giannina

#3 Sampras

Sampras

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

Thanks Giannina.

Some of the other ballet boards are a little intimidating, so I thank you for such a quick welcome. I may well ask a lot of questions :( .

I just found out we are getting Billy Elliot here in Toronto.

#4 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,843 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:08 PM

Hello and welcome, Sampras. We love questions and besides you probably know more than you think. Are you a tennis fan by any chance or is your moniker unrelated to Pistol Pete?

#5 Sampras

Sampras

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:42 AM

It comes from Pete Sampras in a round about kind of way. In an episode of Father Ted, Dougal named his pet rabbit Sampras 'because of that whole thing between rabbits and tennis'. Always having been a fan of nonsensical humour it kind of stuck with me. But I do like tennis. It's one of the very few sports I will sit and watch- too old to play now.

#6 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,843 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

In an episode of Father Ted, Dougal named his pet rabbit Sampras 'because of that whole thing between rabbits and tennis'. Always having been a fan of nonsensical humour it kind of stuck with me.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):