This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Blog on ballet

Thought I'd mention my blog here, but please delete it if it is considered commercial. (i make no money on the blog, if it matters)

Http://tightsandtiaras.blogspot.com

A blog on ballet, written by a male dancer with a certain sense of sarkasm.

I wish to enlighten you, my readers, on the world of ballet (or rather the planet ballet, in a galaxy far-far away), with a special weighing on male dancers - you see, there's more too it than you think!!!

Thought I'd mention my blog here, but please delete it if it is considered commercial. (i make no money on the blog, if it matters)

I wish to enlighten you, my readers, on the world of ballet (or rather the planet ballet, in a galaxy far-far away), with a special weighing on male dancers - you see, there's more too it than you think!!!

Thanks for the heads-up -- you might want to edit your post to change the upper case "H" to a lower case in "http" -- the net can be fussy that way.

I love your site thanks

http://tightsandtiaras.blogspot.com/ this one may work better. :)

Billy... worked considerable effect in the UK, but I don't know about the rest of Europe. It didn't do the same things in the US, so I suspect that the story had a certain societally-linked factor to it. The 1984 coal strike is not broadly understood outside of the UK, and the movie is as much about that as about "dancing boy".

Billy... worked considerable effect in the UK, but I don't know about the rest of Europe. It didn't do the same things in the US, so I suspect that the story had a certain societally-linked factor to it. The 1984 coal strike is not broadly understood outside of the UK, and the movie is as much about that as about "dancing boy".

I think we need more guys to get famous,Nureyev & baryshnikov had so much exposure in the mainstream ( ugh...) media that for a time ballet was popular even in America.

I hate it that guys have to face this descrimination,we love you guys ,please keep on dancing.

thanks guys for nice words! :)

I think Mel is right about Billy elliot - although highly appreciated by the audience in Norway, I don't think it changed much for boys in ballet. I think Billy.. is more about doing what you want, going for your dream, and ofcourse like Mr.Johnson stated - the coal crisis, rather than wanting to take up the issue of men in ballet..