This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Soloist Allynne Noelle in Pointe Mag's "Dancer Spotlight&quot

bart

Allynne Noelle is featured in in the "Dancer Spotlight" in the latest Pointe Magazine (Feb/Mar.) The title: "Balanchine Baby: MCB's Allynne Noelle enever expected to become a neoclassical knockout."

http://www.pointemagazine.com/issues/febru...balanchine-baby

She joined the company as a coryphée in 2003. Villella says he values a dancer’s curiosity and ability to “physicalize” music. “Allynne has the powerful mind necessary to drive her immense talent,” says Villella. “You cannot dance Stravinsky without understanding what you are attempting to articulate.” Noelle proved a quick study, moving into the corps midway through her first season.

Dancing under Villella’s direction has cultivated Noelle’s understanding of Balanchine’s work. “Edward knows the ins and outs of the roles so well. He gives us the freedom to explore our own timing and interpretation.” She has thrived on the Balanchine repertoire. “I love plotless ballets where I don’t have to act,” she says. “I can create passion and drama with my dancing.”